Actress Yvonne Nelson has revealed that a telecommunication company dropped her from being its ambassador because she was pregnant.
The actress narrated how she was broken and hurt as she was just about three months away from delivering her baby.
Before she was dropped, Ms Nelson said she was ready to shoot an ad for the company.
The actress opened up following reports of a female MP in Kenya, Zuleikha Hassan, who was removed from the chamber after walking into the chamber with a five-month-old baby.
She said the situation nearly broke her down but pushed on to become a good mother.
“I’ll tell you mine, a telecommunication company dropped me because i came clean and told them i was pregnant, they wanted me to shoot an ad, told them i had 3 months more to go and assured them I could come to work right after!
“Guess what, the lady who called didn’t even say congrats she said ‘sorry yvonne, the dynamics will change’ i was hurt! I was broken! All these and more made me stronger!! IM PROUD TO BE A MOTHER!!!! Best decision ever! I will forever WIN!!!!! #proudmum #woman.”
View this post on Instagram
I”™ll tell you mine, a telecommunication company dropped me because i came clean and told them i was pregnant, they wanted me to shoot an ad, told them i had 3 months more to go and assured them i could come to work right after! Guess what, the lady who called didn”™t even say congrats she said ”˜ sorry yvonne, the dynamics will change”™ i was hurt! I was broken! All these and more made me stronger!! IM PROUD TO BE A MOTHER!!!! Best decision ever! I will forever WIN!!!!! #proudmum #woman #africa
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- ‘Mr and Mrs Adeleke’: Fans gush over photos of Chioma with Davido and her in-laws during 1st public appearance
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- ‘You’ll see, more is coming from my boy’ – Andre Ayew on Kudus’ future
- 14 pupils receiving treatment after school bus somersaults, falls into a ditch
- Why General Arts students are ‘bleeding’ on social media
- Increasing VAT rate was a lazy approach to burden faithful few – Bokpin
- ACCE charges new inductees to exude professionalism
- Afrobarometer receives major boost with $6m grant from Sweden
- Cement Producers bewail fall in demand due to high cost of production
- EOCO recovers over ¢27m crime monies in 10 months
- Throw in the towel; I’ll win this election hands down – Ofosu Ampofo tells Asiedu Nketia
- A draw could be good for us but we want to win – Otto Addo on Uruguay clash
- How the UAE ban almost ruined Rita Dominic’s white wedding
- We’ll oppose removal of e-Levy threshold – Minority
- Kanye West to pay Kim Kardashian $200,000 per month in child support as divorce settlement
- Qatar 2022: Lawrence Ati Zigi is having a great World Cup – Otto Addo
- Jiang Zemin: Former Chinese leader dies aged 96
- Nigeria police chief sentenced to 3 months in jail
- Some OMCs start reducing fuel prices, GOIL down by 3.5%
- MTN partners Boomplay to offer special data bundles, subscription packages for music streaming