On Sunday, Marvel Studios released the first teaser for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.
The first look for the much-anticipated film Bob Marley’s ‘No Woman No Cry’ sang by Nigerian artiste, Tems.
This comes after the musician named ‘No Woman No Cry’ and ‘Is This Love’ as tracks she would remix if given the opportunity.
She said that during an interview at the 2022 Billboard Awards ceremony where she won two awards.
Tem’s version of the Bob Marley classic is a solemn cover over the two-minute trailer.
The song later transitions seamlessly to Kendrick Lamar’s 2015 hit ‘Alright’ midway.
The movie is the sequel to the critically acclaimed 2018 film Black Panther which starred the late actor Chadwick Boseman.
Boseman, who played lead T’Challa, died in August 2020 after a private, four-year battle with colon cancer.
The teaser for the sequel seemingly recounts events following the death of T’Challa (the Black Panther) whom Marvel chose to not recast out of respect and love for Chadwick Boseman.
A question lingers over the trailer: who will take on the mantle of the Black Panther? A figure is seen in the hero’s suit at the end of the trailer, though it is not clarified who is in the costume.
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- Appointment Committee recommends approval of 2 out of 4 Justices nominated to the Supreme Court
- I have been battling prostate cancer for a year – KSM
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Economy is in crisis, we need Debt Exchange Programme to get IMF Staff-Level Agreement – Abena Osei Asare
- Sacked against medical advice, workplace abuse and stigma – An HIV ambassador’s story
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- We will no longer be paying 50 pesewas and ¢1 as road toll next year – Roads Minister
- Ghana in talks with Dubai oil refiner to barter gold for fuel
- United States is world’s top destination for foreign direct investment
- Debt Exchange: Government has not shown that the country is in crisis – Dr. Serebour
- COVID-19: Three institutions partner to produce ventilator
- Cutting government’s ‘afro’ to match the people’s haircut: video analysis
- Supreme Court Nominees: Appointment Committee’s report presented to Parliament
- Debt Exchange: Proposal put forward by government drastic and steep – Prof. Bokpin
- Restructuring Ghana’s Debt: Pay your taxes, reduce size of government – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- John Kofi Owusu
- D’banj: Nigeria Afrobeats star arrested for youth fund fraud
- KNUST students develop smart farming system
- Nursing and Midwifery Council urges victims of medical negligence to report cases for redress
- Pedro Castillo: Peru’s ousted leader seen with police after impeachment
- Bondholders advised to compel government to reduce its size
- Waterstone Realty Ltd sues government for $4.7m over National Cathedral project
- Education should be priority of government in times of strike – NUGS