A governance expert, Prof Baffuor Agyemang-Duah, is the latest influential individual to speak about calls for a ministerial reshuffle in the Akufo-Addo government.
His call comes after President Akufo-Addo openly refused to heed earlier calls for a reshuffle.
The President, in his defence, said the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) and jobless people are those calling for the move because they want to destablise his administration.
However, Prof Agyemang-Duah is of a different view.
According to him, if not for anyone at all, the Health, Finance and Agriculture Ministers deserve to be reshuffled out of government.
He insisted that there are loud calls for the three ministers – Kwaku Agyemang-Manu, Ken Ofori-Atta and Dr. Owusu Afriyie-Akoto – to step aside.
He argued that they have been underperforming in the last six years.
“If you put your ears to the ground what we hear popularly is the health sector implying the Minister of Health as well as the Minister of Agric, these two including the Finance are the prominent ones,” he told JoyNews on Sunday.
The Former UN Senior governance advisor also asked the President to assess the performance of his ministers.
According to Prof Agyemang-Duah, this will inform President Akufo-Addo to take strategic decisions that will help reshape his government.
“There are some Ministers that we do not even hear about at all. You don’t know whether they are working or not. And there are some Ministers when you see them they look very tired, you don’t know whether they are tired and some have health issues.
“So all these could be factors that I think if the President wants to make a move he can take an account of to inform his decision,” he explained.
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor-General’s report
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana’s economy further within junk status
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- COCOBOD signs $1.13bn syndicated loan for 2022/2023 cocoa crop season
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- Celebrities mourn Ekow Blankson
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Provident Insurance donates medical equipment to Princess Marie Louise Children’s Hospital
- Edmund Yirenkyi Fianko elected to ITU’s Radio Regulatory Board
- Joy News’ Joojo Cobbinah, NGO sue government over River Offin menstruation taboo
- Illegal mining: Government has failed- Concerned citizen
- Live2Lead Leadership Conference by John Maxwell to be held in Ghana on Oct. 7
- Ghana joins in celebration of World Cerebral Palsy Day
- First-ever Food Systems Pavilion to be hosted at COP27 in Egypt
- Free SHS making a giant impact in the education sector – Education Minister
- Dr Ravi Prabhu appointed Director General ad interim of World Agroforestry
- GIS holds 6th Time Educators Conference
- Kingmakers of Pakyi No. 1 angry with Chief for allowing illegal mining activities to surge
- ‘My son likes my dirty songs’ – Kidi
- Nektunez joins Akon’s Konvict Kulture family
- The rise of prostitution commonly termed hookup among university students
- Absa Bank and MasterCard Foundation to grant ¢2.5m to Fintech/Agritech Startups