Sunday’s edition of The Law Challenge saw Central University and Zenith University College compete at the preliminary stage of the competition.
The competition saw the students battle each round for a spot at the next stage. It was hosted by a private law practitioner and host of JoyNews’ The Law and Newsfile, Samson Lardy Anyenini.
By the end of round one, Central University led the competition with 38 points. Zenith was five points behind them with 33 points.
But, by the end of the competition Zenith University College won with 128 points and Central University finished with 83 points.
The Law Challenge is aimed at strengthening the connections with regard to the law, legal education, the business community and the society at large.
It is staged in three rounds; the Preliminary, Semi-Final and the Grand Finale which would feature a Moot Court Session.
‘The Law Challenge will focus on areas including Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Law of Torts, Ghana Legal Systems, Law of Contract and Law of Immovable Property.
While generating a competitive spirit and healthy academic rivalry among law faculties in various tertiary institutions, the show will also contribute to the development of good lawyers who will live up to the roles expected in the social, political and economic advancement of society.
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- GRA locks up popular event center ‘Underbridge’
- British officials release date for King Charles III’s coronation
- ‘I have given up on dating; guys do not take me seriously’ – Comedienne Jacinta
- Black Sherif’s ‘Oh Paradise’ about late girlfriend gets fans emotional
- Court orders CID Boss to provide safety report on alleged bride killers
- NSMQ 2022: Competing schools arrive on KNUST campus ahead of prelims
- My vehicle was set ablaze on Samatex premises – Wontumi alleges
- FDA concurs with WHO’s caution against four substandard paediatric medicines found in The Gambia
- Black Sherif didn’t lose BET, his nomination is a win – Reggie Rockstone
- In pictures: Illegal mining activities in the Bosome Freho District
- BoG’s timing of policy rate adjustment was wrong – Economist
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: An open letter to Dr. Bawumia on the occasion of his 59th birthday
- Bawumia dances to ‘Buga’ song to mark 59th birthday
- Ellembelle District receives school infrastructure project from Eni Ghana and Partners
- Coachella files copyright infringement lawsuit against Afrochella
- We failed to deal with local triggers of inflation before Russia-Ukraine war – Prof. Bokpin
- Ghana Music Awards UK comes off on October 29
- Samira Bawumia celebrates husband on 59th birthday
- Laboratory scientists call for establishment of public health emergency preparedness fund
- It cost ₵200k to produce ‘Run For Your Wife’ play – George Quaye
- Halt PPP arrangement for a laboratory facility – Medical Laboratory Professionals tell government
- Nima Dreams: A documentary about how lack of infrastructure is affecting talent growth
- Opanin Kwadwo Taah (Alias Papa J. K.)
- Submit report on persons responsible for infractions in Auditor-General’s report – Akufo-Addo charges SIGA, A-G