Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Ernest Chemists Limited, Ernest Bediako Sampong says the country’s political space does not interest him.
Speaking on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show, the astute businessman in response to a question from a caller about his political affiliation said he belongs to no political party.
He said he has been able to build his pharmaceutical business into the empire it is now because he stayed neutral.
A lot of successful business people are perceived to want more power so they either support political parties in the background or openly contest to either be MPs or the highest office of the land, the presidency.
But Mr Sampong says he finds the business space engaging and challenging to leave it.
“I have shied away from politics. The political arena does not interest me. I have done my business for so many years, without joining any political party. I prefer to do it alone and have steered away from politics.”
However, he agrees that certain decisions taken by politicians have played significant roles in pushing his business forward.
According to him, monies he was able to secure from Ecobank, the Exim bank, etc under various political regimes have been integral in aiding him to expand his business.
Mr Sampong said he is geared to set up a pharmaceutical factory which is aimed at producing about 70% of Ghana’s pharmaceutical needs.
He advised entrepreneurs to take advantage of government interventions to grow their businesses, just as he had to help develop the nation.
“As an entrepreneur or businessman, there’s the need for us to expand our business, so whenever there is any intervention by whoever, we try to take advantage of whatever intervention that is in place.”
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- NDC suspects doctoring of Techiman South election summary sheets
- Akuapem Poloo granted ¢80k bail
- Murder suspect claims he mistook aeronautical engineer for a pig at Akyem Asuboa
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- ECG to announce ‘dumsor’ timetable for works on Pokuase BSP
- Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
Daily Mail owner sues Google over search results
Economy grew at 0.4% in 2020
Expedite action on completing cannabis regulatory frameworks – Rastafari Council
Tiwa Savage gets full sleeve tattoo on her arm
NBA YoungBoy reportedly expecting 8th child
GES dispels claims that SHS 3 students reopening date has been postponed again
Adu-Boahen elevated to Minister of State at Finance Ministry, Okraku-Mantey gets Deputy Tourism Minister position
Akufo-Addo announces nominees for deputy ministerial positions, elevates Charles Adu-Boahen
Travis Barker celebrates Kourtney Kardashian on her birthday
Social media users angry DKB is soliciting funds on behalf of Akuapem Poloo
We set out to protect lives and property – Ghana Police Service on arresting hooligans at match centres
Akuapem Poloo granted ¢80k bail
Super League won’t go ahead after English clubs withdraw
Super League: Liverpool owner John W Henry apologises to fans
GNAT asks government to release textbooks based on new curriculum for teachers and pupils