Audio By Carbonatix
Ghana Football Association, in conjunction with organizers of the domestic League, the Premier League Board, has cancelled this year’s Premier League awards due to lack of funds from title sponsors Globacom.
According to our sources, Glo is yet to settle arrears owed to the 16 premier league clubs in the just ended Glo Premier League and are also yet to support the upcoming GFA/PLB Awards Night next month.
The Annual event has always been supported by Headline sponsors in recent years and since no payments have been made so far, the GFA and the PLB have decided to call it off.
The Awards night was scheduled to take place early this month at the State Banquet Hall here in Accra.
Mahatma Otoo of Accra Hearts of Oak and Kumasi Asante Kotoko Head Coach Mas Ud Didi Dramani had been largely tipped to win the best player and the coach of the year respectively.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Papaye, KFC and Pizzaman customers among most targeted as TrustGH uncovers nearly 1,000 scam numbers cloning Google business profiles of major food chains
7 minutes -
2026 U20 WWC: ‘We are in a tough group’ – Black Princesses’ Linda Owusu Ansah
14 minutes -
2026 U20 WWC: Ghana’s Ambassador to Czech Republic welcomes Black Princesses to Poland
40 minutes -
Oti NPP executives demand completion of stalled government projects
52 minutes -
Jinapor demands answers as Alima Mahama is asked to pay for Embassy spending outside her tenure
1 hour -
Russia doubles scholarships for Ghanaian students to 240 annually
1 hour -
Cedi’s year-to-date loss slumps to 4.09% as recent gains gather pace
1 hour -
‘Home has spoken’ – Justin Kodua Frimpong says as Ashanti delegates back his re-election bid
1 hour -
Mustapha Abdul-Hamid, seven others’ NPA case adjourned to August 27
2 hours -
Alima Mahama Refund: Jinapor challenges Ablakwa’s authority, says only Auditor-General can surcharge
2 hours -
Wontumi Conviction: 2 star witnesses placed under police protection amid death threats
2 hours -
Srem-Sai reveals surge in death threats after Wontumi conviction
2 hours -
GCB, Ecobank, 4 others are top tier banks in Ghana – PwC Banking Survey
2 hours -
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, August 18, 2026
3 hours -
Banks’ sustainable success will be defined less by interest margins – PwC
4 hours