Audio By Carbonatix
Police have released body camera footage showing Tiger Woods after he clipped a truck and rolled his car in Florida last month.
The 15-time major winner, 50, can be seen co-operating with authorities and then hiccuping while he is being driven away in the back of the police car.
He was arrested and charged with driving under the influence and submitted a written plea of not guilty via his lawyers on Tuesday.
He was also charged with property damage and refusal to submit to a lawful test.
Woods has been given permission by a judge to seek treatment overseas, and said he will be stepping away from professional golf to focus on his recovery and health.
In the full video, Woods, who was wearing a blue polo shirt, shorts and dark sunglasses, was filmed calmly kneeling on one knee and telling the officers: "I looked down at my phone, and all of a sudden, boom."
After an initial search, an officer left Woods and went to speak to witnesses at the scene on Jupiter Island, with one saying: "He kept coming. I was getting ready to turn in, he was coming fast.
"I don't think he was looking, that's the thing."
Nobody was injured in the crash, but Woods had to crawl out of the passenger door to free himself. He passed a breathalyser test but refused a urinalysis test for other drugs, according to Martin County Sheriff John Budensiek.
In the arrest affidavit, an officer wrote Woods was "sweating profusely", his pupils were "extremely dilated" and his movements were "lethargic and slow".
Woods told officers he had not drunk alcohol that day but when asked if he had taken any prescription medication, Woods replied "I take a few", while adding he had done so earlier in the morning.
He then listed the medication, which was redacted from the footage.
He was told officers suspected his "normal faculties are impaired" by an "unknown substance". Authorities then found two white pills in his pocket, which were identified as hydrocodone - an opioid used to treat pain.
Woods, who remained still while officers searched him and placed him in handcuffs, was asked if he had anything else on his person. He said he did not.
On Wednesday, it was announced that Woods had declined the role of United States Ryder Cup captain for the 2027 biennial tournament in Ireland.
Meanwhile, six-time major winner Sir Nick Faldo says Woods must take accountability for his actions, adding: "This is a serious thing he's done."
Faldo, 68, also feels the PGA Tour's statement on the incident is "predictably weak".
He said: "I feel sorry for Tiger that he's living 24/7 in pain.
"There are two sides to this right now: there's one side like 'let's care for Tiger', and then there's got to be a responsibility and accountability side as well.
"[The PGA] showed the tour will look after him, as they always have done, and then you've got Jack [Nicklaus, 18-time major champion] saying it's tarnished the entire sport.
"I've got a feeling that if he disappears and comes back in a couple of months, everything will carry on as normal.
"I'm not sure if that's right."
Latest Stories
-
Kenyan court rules parts of law criminalising consensual sex between adolescents invalid
4 minutes -
I brag to my colleagues about being a graduate – Davido
13 minutes -
I used to run to Don Jazzy’s room to cry during hard times – Tiwa Savage
23 minutes -
Nigerian music stars, Wizkid, Asake, Tems and Burna Boy nominated for 2026 BET Awards
33 minutes -
Wizkid becomes first African artiste to hit 11 billion Spotify streams
43 minutes -
At Cannes, Almodovar says artists have duty to speak out against ‘monsters’ like Trump
52 minutes -
As cocoa prices melt down, real chocolate is making a comeback
1 hour -
UK agrees ÂŁ3.7bn trade deal with six Gulf states
1 hour -
SpaceX aims for 10,000 annual launches within five years, FAA says
1 hour -
Prince-Osei Owusu nominated for MLS All-Star Game after Montreal Player of the Month award
3 hours -
AFCON U-17: Black Starlets beat South Africa 3-1 but await CAF draw of lots to determine fate
3 hours -
TikTok and YouTube ‘not safe enough’ for kids, says Ofcom
4 hours -
Samsung strike on hold – but the fight isn’t over yet. Why?
4 hours -
US charges Cuba’s RaĂşl Castro with murder over 1996 downing of two planes
4 hours -
A time will come they must step aside – Kwakye Ofosu warns ambitious appointees
4 hours