Australian DJ Adam Sky has died in an accident while on holiday on the Indonesian island of Bali.
The 42-year-old is said to have been badly hurt trying to help a friend who had suffered multiple injuries.
While rushing to aid her, he smashed through a glass door, causing him to suffer severe cuts and blood loss, Nine News reported.
According to the site the female friend had fallen several metres from their private terrace.
The woman survived and was taken to the hospital, Indonesian media report.
A statement confirming the Singapore-based DJ’s death has been posted to his official Facebook page.
Tributes on the DJ’s social media accounts praised him as a “legend,” and a great friend and colleague.
“You always burned so brightly,” one read, while another described him as an “amazing guy with a heart of gold”.
The BBC has contacted his management for comment.
Sky – real name Adam Neat – was ranked as the third most popular DJ in Asia last year, according to his website.
The site quotes JUICE Magazine Asia describing him as a “rising Aussie superstar DJ” and says he worked with well-known artists such as Fat Boy Slim, David Guetta and The Scissor Sisters.
His club anthems include Illogical, Larynx and Kreatine.
- I will fail my ministry if I fail to be the best mum – Adwoa Safo
- Exclusive: Adwoa Safo speaks on family, NPP, absence from Parliament
- ‘I will never do that, I did not come to this country to do that’ – Education Minister denies misapplying $1.2 million
- Come and account for Covid-19 expenditure – Bagbin directs Ofori-Atta
- Osinachi’s husband charged with homicide
- I will return when issues with family are resolved – Adwoa Safo
- Today’s front pages: Friday, May 27, 2022
- Privileges Committee fails to meet Henry Quartey
- GES did not undertake $1.2 million ‘phantom’ training under my watch – Matthew Opoku Prempeh
- Special Prosecutor commences investigations into aspects of Sir John’s will
‘Any politician looting state properties is a disgrace to our democracy’ – Sam George
Government ready to improve automobile policy based on input of industry players – Akufo-Addo
One dead after armed men attack gold dealer’s shop at Enyinam on Accra-Kumasi highway
Covid-19 has repurposed HR’s role and renewed focus on employees – Vodafone HR Director
Bomso Basic Schools get 2-month free sanitary pad from Lady Pharmacists Association of Ghana
WHO sees no reason for alarm over monkeypox
Bagbin and Annor-Dompreh disagree over claims Parliament is broke
Football action in GPL and UCL reaches final
Number 12: Sannie Daara cleared off wrongdoing, GFA directed to re-appoint him
Private sector in Africa should lead the charge for sustainable economic development – CEO of The Tony Elumelu Foundation
GNAT engages National Security on ‘See Something, Say Something’ anti-terrorism campaign
Actor Morgan Freeman permanently banned from entering Russia
Return or resign – Dome-Kwabenya constituents to Adwoa Safo
Latif Abubakar tackles child labour, trafficking with Christmas-In-May
Revive once vibrant town council for a better, clean environment – Volta NADMO Boss urges