Twitter has confirmed that two of its bosses are leaving the social media company in one of the biggest shake-ups since Elon Musk agreed to buy the firm.
The executives had been leading Twitter’s consumer and revenue operations.
From this week, the firm has also paused most hiring, except for “business critical roles”.
The move comes as the multi-billionaire Tesla boss moves ahead with a $44bn (£36bn) takeover of the platform.
“We are pulling back on non-labour costs to ensure we are being responsible and efficient,” a Twitter spokesperson told the BBC.
Kayvon Beykpour, who led Twitter’s consumer division, and Bruce Falck, who oversaw revenue, both tweeted on Thursday that the departures were not their decisions.
Mr Beykpour said that he is currently on paternity leave and was disappointed after being asked to leave by Mr Parag, who “wants to take the team in a different direction”.
Interrupting my paternity leave to share some final @twitter-related news: I’m leaving the company after over 7 years.— Kayvon Beykpour (@kayvz) May 12, 2022
Mr Falck tweeted: “I’ll clarify that I too was fired by (Parag).” But he appeared to delete the tweet later. His Twitter bio now says “unemployed”.
Jay Sullivan, who was leading the consumer unit during Mr Beykpour’s leave, will become permanent head of the division. He will also oversee the revenue team until a new leader is appointed.
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- T-bills auction: Government fails to meet target again; interest rates still surging
- I didn’t insult you – Mahama responds to Nana Akomea
- Legon Cities drag Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- IMF deal: Government to reduce public sector compensations by 0.5%
- The IMF programme has been designed with an extension in mind – Prof Bokpin
- IMF deal: There is a lot of pain; government must first calm the market – Prof Bokpin
- Government should have called a national meeting before announcing 0.5% compensation reduction -Labour expert
- Hohoe gets new ultra modern market, traders commend Municipal Assembly
- GIZ support: Over 400 young entrepreneurs receive startup tools to build and grow their business
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- From Eric’s Diary: A scammer’s hi
- Menstrual hygiene: NDC Volta Regional Women’s Wing distributes pads to Ketasco girls
- Pensioner Bondholders to resume picketing on Thursday
- MLGWUI encourages Bono returnees to become sustainable entrepreneurs after return home
- Member of Parliament Mustapha Ussif donates ambulance to Yizesi community
- Tinubu removes controversial Fuel subsidy in Nigeria
- Build and entrench Ghana’s own policy credibility without IMF anchor – IEA to current and future governments
- We’re sorry for obnoxious statements about Christianity in history textbook – Ghana Authors & Publishers
- Luv Fm leads sanitary pad donation to girls in Amansie Central District