Two persons, yet to be identified have died at Yabram, a farming community in the Krachi East Municipality of the Oti Region.
The incident occurred on the Asukawkaw-Dambai highway on Tuesday at about 1550 hours.
The two motorbikes travelling from opposite sides collided head-on, leaving one female in critical condition.
She was subsequently rushed to Dambai Health Centre for emergency medical care.
Corporal Zakaria Asharift, of the Motor Traffic and Transport Division (MTTD) told the Ghana News Agency that investigations were underway to ascertain what caused the accident.
He said the deceased has been taken to WoraWora Government Hospital.
He also urged the public to help the police to identify the deceased and appealed to commercial drivers to take extra care on the highway.
- Four charged for violating restrictions on public gathering at Christ Embassy ‘Pneumatica Night’
- NSMQ 2021: PRESEC beats Achimota, Chemu and Odorgonno SHS to be crowned Regional Champions
- Akufo-Addo accepts Kissi Agyebeng’s nomination as Special Prosecutor, seeks Parliamentary approval
- Police secures restraining order against #FixTheCountry protest on May 9
- Our job is to fix problems; we are fixing them – Bawumia
- Don’t depend on your children when you retire, it’s a “money mistake” – EDC boss
- Dominic Ayine questions independence of judiciary following Supreme Court’s adjudication of 2020 election petition
- Playback: NSMQ 2021: Legon PRESEC, Achimota and Odorgonno battle for Greater Accra Regional supremacy
- What is the big deal? – Bridgette Dzogbenuku on WGHS refusing to let students fast
- #FixTheCountry: We’ll use the courts to set aside order against May 9 protest – Economic Fighters League
Prince Philip’s cause of death has been confirmed
Child shoots three at school, police say
Ban on drumming and noise-making in Accra commences May 10, ends June 10
GNAT asked to provide affordable housing scheme for teachers
Domestic fires continues to dominate in Upper East Region
Bono Region vaccinates 11,574 people against Covid-19
Parts of Tetteh Quarshie-Madina-Adentan stretch to be temporarily closed
Tristan Thompson takes legal action over Instagram model’s claims
Remind the public we are not in normal times – Oppong Nkrumah tells media
Scrap Appearance Fee and Winning Bonus of Black Stars – Kofi Asafo Adjei
Passing wages and salary policy will curb businesses paying ‘slave salaries’ – Kofi Amoah
All activities in rosewood trade in Ghana are illegal – Inusah Fuseini
CIB begins campaign on new banking code of ethics
I’m working on banning unregistered motorbikes from operating as part of measures to fix Nhyiaeso – MP
We’ll pass on rising cost of fuel, new taxes to consumers – GUTA