A forty-five-year-old old man, Amartey Otipeseku, was on Thursday morning clubbed to death at Kasseh by armed robbers.
Mr. Jonas Otipeseku, brother of the deceased, told the Ghana News Agency that the robbers stormed the Cornmiller’s house around 1:00am shouting, “Where is the money”.
The man who could not say much, was clubbed in the head while his wife also had her arms broken.
The early morning terror was preceded by another robbery which also resulted in broken limbs and jaws around 11:00pm Wednesday.
The dead man’s body had been taken to the morgue by the police who arrived about five hours later.
The wounded were also taken to health facilities.
Residents of Kasseh, though angry at the slow response of their local police to their distress calls, said they also sympathized with their low numbers, poor motivation and worn-out gear.
Mr. Otipeseku was survived by two wives and six children.
Kasseh, also called Ada junction, is a busy market town which sits on the last crossroad before the Sogakope bridge on the Accra Lome route.
- I was slapped, kicked in the groin by National Security officials – Citi FM’s Caleb Kudah recounts ordeal
- Citi FM journalist broke GJA code of ethics by filming at National Security premises – Affail Monney
- Over 90% of ‘rotten’ vehicles at National Security premises distributed – Former MASLOC boss
- I will resign from Parliament if anyone proves that I promised to fix any road – Sam George
- Eight home-based players included in Ghana’s squad to face Morocco and Ivory Coast
- #FixTheCountry: Be measured in your expectations of Akufo-Addo due to Covid-19 – Chief of Staff
- Citi FM journalist committed no crime in filming at National Security premises – Samson Anyenini
- Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Mother shares experience
- Inflation returns to single digit of 8.5% in April 2021
- Manner of Citi FM journalists’ arrest worrying – Sulemana Braimah
German-based Muslim group supports Nsawam-Adoagyiri Zongo communities
IDeL-UEW to establish study centres in some West African Countries
Akufo-Addo and his NPP government are reducing Ghana to a police state – Haruna Iddrisu
Children with hole in heart need help – Surgeon
Kpone Zonal Councils intensify fight against poor sanitation
Social media users react to DSP Azugu’s alleged role in Citi FM journalist’s assault
Court adjourns Assin North MP’s case over hearing of applications
Pregnant woman, 2 others feared dead in Tamale-Buipe Highway accident
Ghana ranked 9th in SSA with highest value of energy infrastructure project – Report
UK funds cyber capacity building in Ghana
CSIR wants recognition for research works
Femi Kuti speaks after father, Fela, missed out on 2021 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction
The neglected woman with a neglected disease
GPL wrap – Medeama and Bechem United lose at home for the first time as Hearts close gap at top
Smith Rowe benefits from Jorginho error as Arsenal win at Chelsea