Paulo Dybala clinched top spot in Group D for Juventus with a stunning free-kick winner, but Atletico Madrid still have work to do to secure their place in the Champions League last 16.
Cristiano Ronaldo returned to the Juve starting line-up having missed the win over Atalanta at the weekend, but it was Dybala who claimed the headlines for himself, smashing home what proved to be the winner right at the end of the first half.
The angle appeared to be too tight for the Argentine, who has recently become a key figure for Maurizio Sarri, but he lashed a finish past Jan Oblak, although the Atletico stopper will be disappointed he was unable to keep it out.
Atleti struggled to create much over the 90 minutes, but were presented with a golden chance in stoppage time, with Alvaro Morata failing to connect with a pass made right across the six-yard box.
That miss was enough to see Juventus claim the win and clinch top spot; Simeone’s side still need a result in the final round of group games.
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- Ghana records $752.8m trade surplus in first 2 months of 2023
- Israel Laryea is away “on loan” at Influencer Africa
- Patriotism won over partisanship – Annoh-Dompreh on approval of six ministerial nominees
- Livestream: PM Express discusses NDCs betrayal
- Fight against galamsey will be won if Akufo-Addo loses power – Kwakye Ofosu
- People fail in life due to their mindset – Motivational speaker
- Become the voice of climate change reporting – Climate Change Fellows urged
- Destination Ghana Global Project announces This Is Africa Festival
- Kamala Harris features Black Sherif, Amaarae on Spotify playlist
- Kwaebibirem United FC to raise funds to support operation of the club
- 9-year-old Fotocopy makes history with two concerts in a day
- Ivy Setordjie: Drinking to a warming globe – Part 1
- World Theater Day: Stakeholders urged to commit more resources to industry
- I did not defy orders not to vote for Akufo-Addo’s ministerial nominees – Akatsi North MP
- I was sexually harassed on a bus – Ernest Opoku reveals
- Ghanaians are not go-getters compared to Nigerians – Oscar Bimpong