Audio By Carbonatix
Ukraine's President has condemned Russia's attack on Kyiv, saying the conflict cannot be won with rockets and bombs. He also called on Jewish people to speak out after a missile strike damaged a Holocaust site.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on Wednesday accused Russia of trying to "erase" his country and its history.
Russia launched an invasion of Ukraine six days ago with attacks on the capital, Kyiv, and other cities. Since then, hundreds of thousands of people have fled to safety in neighbouring countries.
Speaking in a video address, Zelenskyy claimed that almost 6,000 Russian soldiers had been killed since the invasion began on Thursday, adding that Moscow cannot win the conflict with rockets and bombs.

Strike damages Babyn Yar
Zelenskyy also condemned a Russian missile strike that hit a television tower in the capital and damaged the site of a Holocaust massacre, saying it shows that "for many people in Russia our Kyiv is completely foreign."
"They know nothing about our capital. About our history. But they have an order to erase our history. Erase our country. Erase us all," he said.

Ukrainian authorities said five people were killed in the strike near the Babi Yar Holocaust memorial. During World War II, German occupying troops killed more than 33,000 Jews at the site.
"We all died again by Babyn Yar. Although the world has promised again and again that it will never happen again," said Zelenskyy, who is Jewish.
"Don't you see what is happening? That's why it is very important now that you, millions of Jews around the world, do not stay silent. Because Nazism is born in silence. Scream about murdering of civilians, scream about murdering of Ukrainians."
Holocaust remembrance organisations have also condemned the attack.
Russia claims control of Kherson
Russian forces have faced tougher than expected resistance since the invasion began and have not released their own casualty figures.
On Wednesday, Russia's army claimed to have taken control of the southern city of Kherson, while shelling continued in Mariupol and Kharkiv. Meanwhile, a massive Russian convoy has been inching toward Kyiv from the north.
DW correspondent Mathias Bölinger, who is in western Ukraine, said it was not clear what the massive Russian military convoy advancing toward Kyiv would do next.
"We have seen these columns standing there for some time. There are also questions about how long they can stand there because all the fuel and food that they have with them will be eaten away in the time they are standing there."
Latest Stories
-
The source of cedi appreciation matters more than the appreciation itself
6 minutes -
Ashanti cocoa farmers welcome new COCOBOD Bill, back key reforms
9 minutes -
‘GoldBod is a very big scandal awaiting us’ – Afenyo-Markin
10 minutes -
‘GoldBod is failing’ – Afenyo-Markin cites IMF report on $1.7bn losses
10 minutes -
Fire destroys ICT lab at Gushegu Midwifery Training School, threatens licensure exams
12 minutes -
Defence Ministry welcomes Kenneth Gilbert Adjei as new Defence Minister
12 minutes -
Bawumia charges NPP executives to rebuild party for 2028 victory
15 minutes -
Unite the region and deliver victory in 2028 – Dr. Bawumia to new Greater Accra NPP executives
15 minutes -
Ukrainian strikes kill six in Russia, acting governor says
15 minutes -
The goal is to win 2028 polls – Bawumia
16 minutes -
GoldBod secures 30% of large-scale gold output for Ghana’s strategic reserves
16 minutes -
FDA warns against unauthorised chemicals for ripening plantain
17 minutes -
‘If you sell gold at a loss, you’re not a good trader’ – Afenyo-Markin jabs Sammy Gyamfi
21 minutes -
Dr. Bawumia meets new Greater Accra NPP executives; charges them to bring all talents on board
24 minutes -
Before the Next Jason: When seniority becomes a weapon against young academics
37 minutes