The Directorate of Research, Innovation and Development (DRID) of the University of Media Arts and Communication (UniMAC-GIJ) has set Friday 3rd February, 2023 for its fourth inter-faculty lecture.
The topic for discussion is, “Deadly whispers: Understanding the role of gossips in political campaigns”.
Senior Lecturer at the faculty of integrated communication sciences (FICS), Dr Lawrencia Agyepong will be the main speaker for the lecture.
The event will be held at the main auditorium of the institute’s North Dzorwulu Campus at 10:00am.
This forms part of DRID’s key objectives which include; bringing together faculty, the university community and the public to listen to presentations from colleagues, share knowledge and engage in intellectual discourse.
The Director of DRID, Dr. Etse Sikanku stated that the purpose of the inter-faculty lecture is to bring different faculties in the University together to deliberate on a research issue and to enhance the research culture at the university.
The upcoming lecture focuses on gossip behaviour which has become widespread but with limited research and insights into phenomenon in Ghana.
The study specifically examines political gossip during election periods in Ghana and how it shapes voting preferences.
The event is open to the general public, media practitioners, and students.
The last inter-faculty lecture was presented by Dr Mavis Essandoh, Dean of the Faculty of Public Relations Advertising and Marketing(FOPAM) who addressed the issue of crisis communications among crisis response organizations in Ghana.
DRID of UniMac-GIJ has similar events lined up for the year.
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi
- I have already won Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC primaries – Fred Nuamah
- Livestream: One-one-on with Managing Director of ECG on PM Express
- EC has become an annex of the NPP – Sammy Gyamfi
- If you move right, you don’t need 10 shows to be okay – Kelvyn Boy
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- 3 JoyNews journalists win big at Merck Foundation 2022 Media Recognition Awards
- I want to be President to build a new Ghana –Kwaku Kobeah
- Essence of marketing is creation of strong brands – Nsarkoh
- Christiana Awuni explains why ‘slay queens’ can’t quit having body enhancement surgeries
- Spend wisely, desist from expensive borrowing – GSE boss to government
- GOIL supports Appiatse Disaster Fund
- Headmasters can’t stop students from reporting to school over prospectus – Education Minister tells parents
- It’s been an insightful experience – Funke Akindele breaks silence after losing elections