Established in 1948, the University has risen to a position of dominance in higher education excellence in the country and the sub-region.
It was ranked the top university in Ghana by the Webometrics January 2022 Rankings and the World Scientific Index for 2022.
In recognition of its sterling success story, and to celebrate the milestone, the University has lined up a series of anniversary activities to be held under the theme, ‘Nurturing Resilience: Adopting Technology, Embracing Humanism.’
The celebration will aim to catalogue UG’s successes and challenges, while proposing ideas for enhancing and enriching its future.
As the main commemorative symbol, the anniversary logo will serve as a rallying point of identification during the celebrations.
To make the logo relevant and owned by the diverse UG alumni, students, staff and other stakeholders, the University has launched a logo competition which will enable the University to tap into its rich and creative human resource base across the world.
Participants in the competition are required to submit a logo design in JPG format with a minimum resolution of 1280×960 and size A4 (21cm x 29.7cm) to this email.
The winning design will attract a prize of ¢5,000, a certificate of honour and recognition at the official launch of the anniversary celebration.
The deadline for submitting entries is June 15, 2022.
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Abuse of power is extremely dangerous to our burgeoning democracy – UTAG
- Ghana’s public debt up ¢6.3bn within 2 months to reach ¢575.5bn in June 2023
- Produce the alleged recording of the said inducement – National Security challenges Barker-Vormawor
- Financial system resilient to risks from macroeconomic challenges in 2022 – BoG
- When our moral fundamentals are weak, the economy will explode
- CalBank denies MD exit
- Corruption is the deadliest disease to ever hit Ghana – Domelevo
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest: NMC, Amnesty International Ghana condemn Police brutality
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: IGP Dampare just lost it, he’s just protecting ‘corrupt’ Akufo-Addo – Martin Kpebu
- Government must pay attention to issues plaguing creative arts industry – D-Black
- Without guarantor system, EC would’ve disenfranchised many eligible voters – Omane Boamah
- Nana Krobea Asante unhappy about Ghana’s decline in peace ranking
- OccupyGhana condemns arrests of peaceful demonstrators
- #OccupJulorbiHouse: Citizens’ rights above that of President, IGP – Kofi Bentil
- Parts of Accra flooded during Friday’s downpour