Husband of Communications Minister, Sam Ekufful, has tested negative for the new coronavirus, according to his wife.
Mrs. Ursula Owusu-Ekufful announced the outcome of the test in a post on her timeline on Facebook, Sunday.
“Suspected Covid-19 specimen for SAM EKUFFUL submitted on 21/03/2020 tested NEGATIVE for SARS-COV-2 virus,” she wrote.
Mr. Ekufful went into self-isolation last week after he arrived from the UK.
“We leave his food at the door. If we want to talk to him, we stand at a safe distance away and talk to him, we wave him, he’s okay,” the Ablekuma West MP told Joy News.
She added, “It is necessary if we want the COVID-19 pandemic to end. He can’t chat with the kids or sit in the living room you can’t sit in our living room. It is like a self-imposed house arrest.”
The nervousness is now over after the test came out negative. Mrs. Owusu-Ekufful expressed appreciation to those who showed concern for her family.
Ghana’s latest COVID-19 updates
The Ghana Health Service on Sunday confirmed, the number of active cases to 23.
Among the confirmed cases, 17 are of Ghanaian nationality and seven other nationals namely: Norway, Lebanon, China, France and the United Kingdom.
One person, a Lebanese trader based in the Ashanti Region capital, Kumasi, has, however, died.
According to the health officials, the 61-year-old had “underlying chronic pulmonary condition prior to having COVID-19.”
- Playback: Akufo-Addo delivers 25th address on measures taken against Covid-19
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- Taskforce destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Full text: Akufo-Addo’s 25th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
- African Ministers of Health endorse and support Africa Common Position on Covid-19 passport
- Hologram, QR Code to authenticate full vaccination status of Ghanaians
1975 Sekondi College year group visits alma mater
Authorities of Cape Coast School for the Deaf and Blind appeal for infrastructural support
Classroom block for Islamic School commissioned in Akatsi North
DR Congo: 30 sentenced to death over anti-police clashes
PPP backs calls for independent probe into alleged assault of Caleb Kudah
Bawumia endorses Ghana’s candidate for Commonwealth Youth Council
Livestream: 5th edition Ghana CEO Summit
Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
GIPC hints of 5 years tax holidays for aquaculture investors
PharmAccess’ Dr Maxwell Antwi appointed to UHC2030 Advisory Group
Assault on journalists: Media Groups call for restructuring of National Security agency among others
Dr. Adoma Dwomo-Fokuo Odame: Dear Sam George, red is the only colour that matters
Miss Universe contestants unveil protest messages in politically charged pageant
Galamsey: Desilting and dredging of the Offin river underway
Enhance babies’ food with micronutrient powder – Nutrition Officer