Amma Ataa Adomaa, a renowned US-based Ghanaian gospel songstress who goes by the moniker First Lady, has raised many eyebrows with her depiction of gospel music.
Contrary to the beliefs and practices of most Christians, she says her understanding of the Bible doesn’t box her creativity in her career.
She believes true Christianity has nothing to do with physical appearance but the believer’s relationship with their Creator and fellow humans.
According to her, she will switch to other genres anytime she sees the need to and wouldn’t be pretentious like other gospel singers who take solace in secular music in their privacy.
She said her realness has paid off as TikTok, one of the world’s biggest social media platforms, contacted her for an official jingle for its platform.
She also has a new gospel song dubbed ‘Wetin God no go fit’.
TikTok and ‘Wetin God no go fit’ were produced in Ghana by experienced producer Roro. It is currently available for download on all digital portals.
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford
- Premier League: Ten-man Man City beat Nottingham Forest despite Rodri red card