Usain Bolt is one happy dad! The 33-year-old Olympic sprinter took to Instagram on Tuesday, sharing the first official pics of his newborn daughter.
In the caption, Bolt revealed that he and his girlfriend, Kasi Bennett, named their baby girl Olympia Lightning Bolt.
“I want to wish my gf @kasi.b a happy birthday and to let u know I am happy I get to spend ur special day with u,” he gushed in the caption. “I want nothing but happiness for u and will continue to doing my best keeping a smile on ur face.”
“Now we have started a new chapter together with our daughter Olympia Lightning Bolt,” he continued. “I look forward to what the future will bring for us but be reassured that I will be the ROCK for this family. I Love you and happy 21th birthday 😂😂😂..”
View this post on Instagram
I want to wish my gf @kasi.b a happy birthday and To let u know I am happy I get to spend ur special day with u. I want nothing but happiness for u and will continue to doing my best keeping a smile on ur face. Now we have started a new chapter together with our daughter Olympia Lightning Bolt I look forward to what the future will bring for us but be reassured that I will be the ROCK for this family. I Love you and happy 21th birthday 😂😂😂.
Bennett took to her own page, sharing a few additional snaps from the sweet photo shoot. “My gift… Olympia Lightning Bolt,” she captioned one of the posts.
Andrew Holness, the prime minister of Jamaica, was the first to announce the exciting news that Bennett had given birth back in May, tweeting, “Congratulations to our sprint legend Usain Bolt (@usainbolt) and Kasi Bennett on the arrival of their baby girl!”
The proud parents revealed back in January that they were expecting a child together. Bolt shared the happy news on Instagram at the time, alongside a stunning shot of Bennett showing off her bump in a red gown.
“I just want to say a KING or QUEEN is about to be HERE,” he marveled.
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Nigeria: Hilton Hotel owner, two workers sentenced to death for murder of student
- Bawumia picks NPP flagbearer nomination form
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Learn your trade, don’t force a move from Ajax – Liverpool legend advises Ghana star Mohammed Kudus
- Authorities must probe Gomoa Okyereko accident to prevent future occurrences – Afenyo-Markin
- My husband thinks I ‘tricked him into marriage’ because I postponed our baby plans to take a 6-figure job
- NDC has rolled out plans to retain Assin North seat – Mustapha Gbande
- Mother-in-law interrupts gender reveal to hug son before he can congratulate his pregnant wife
- AngloGold incident: 52 illegal miners out of underground mine
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- NDC stands a little chance above NPP in Assin North by-election – Dr Asah-Asante
- Ghana enters Phase II of nuclear power infrastructure development
- ‘Potholemics’: The economics of potholes
- Gomoa Okyereko accident: Man narrates how his family of 6 survived horrific crash
- JoyNews kickstarts ‘Ghana Potholes Exhibition’
- ‘Don’t make things difficult for us’ – Magistrate tells family of woman allegedly murdered by policeman
- CHASS expresses concern about abuse of PTA funds
- Indigenous knowledge vital in preserving biodiversity – Educationist
- 4,000 Amansie West residents now on NHIS