Rapper Vic Mensa has announced his freedom from Police custody.
The musician was arrested at the Dulles airport in the United States on Saturday upon his return from Ghana.
Mensa announced his release from custody to fans on Twitter on Wednesday, January 19, 2022, four days after his alleged arrest.
“I’m freeeeeee, love you all, God works in mysterious ways” the ‘U Mad’ rapper wrote.
Vic Mensa did not go into the details of his arrest nor did he explain why he was released.
i’m freeeeeee— vino valentino (@VicMensa) January 19, 2022
love you all
god works in mysterious ways
He was reportedly apprehended by the U.S. Customs Agents for allegedly possessing a stash of mushrooms.
This is because Shrooms, scientifically called Psilocybin, are Schedule I substances — defined as drugs with a high potential for abuse or drugs that have no recognized medical uses — under US federal law.
Hence, was booked for a felony related to narcotics possession when he was taken into custody on Saturday at the Dulles International Airport outside D.C.
- Gospel musician accuses police of killing her brother in a scuffle over cash
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- South Africa calls on MTN, Ghana to resolve $773m tax dispute
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Assault of Latif: Attorney General begs for time to pursue settlement talks
- Minority leadership rancour is a needless distraction – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Chicago prosecutor drops R Kelly’s sex-abuse charges
- Debt Exchange: NIC to suspend minimum capital requirements, CAR of insurance firms for 2 years
- Leicester City sign Ghanaian youngster Nathan Opoku
- Ghana places 72nd, stagnates in 2022 Corruption Perceptions Index
- Empire Builders staff appeal to government to protect them, prevent sale of their lands
- Jorginho moves from Chelsea to the Gunners in a deal worth £12m
- Chelsea agree British record £106m fee for Benfica midfielder Enzo Fernandez
- DDE: State regulators accommodating fiscal slippages is what has brought us here – Prof. Bokpin
- “He Only tried to get the best of his trip” – Stonebwoy on Meek Mill Jubilee House video
- Paramount Chief of Sunyani, queen mother cited for contempt of court
- DDEP: Don’t fret, you can self-exempt – Senyo Hosi to individual bondholders
- Nathan Aidoo: An interview with Yaw Nsarkoh
- SIGA targets 25% contribution to GDP by SOEs in 2023
- First male principal leads St. Monica’s College of Education
- Education Minister to appear before Education Committee of Parliament over ‘Placement for Sale’ documentary
- Playback: PM Express discuss final deadline for debt exchange
- We request for total exemption in DDE – Individual Bondholders Forum insists
- Joy Entertainment partners Kwabena Kwabena for Love Night Concert
- Kweku Allotey: Why Alan Kyerematen is the grassroots people’s choice