The Dean of the University of Ghana, School of Law, Professor Raymond Atuguba says he is yet to see any effort at preventing a bloody election in 2024.
According to Prof. Atuguba, analyzing the mantra of “All die be die” and “Do or die” which are the slogans of NPP and NDC respectively, the 2024 election could be bloody if certain critical steps are not taken.
Speaking on the third Joy Change Speakers Series on Newsfile, Saturday, Prof. Raymond Akongburo Atuguba said that there have been no political intellectual efforts to ensure no such incident occurs.
Referring to a lecture he delivered on how to avert such a situation, the Law lecturer said, “I talked about ‘All die be die’ and ‘Do or die’. I outlined the characteristics of both slogans and the party that stands behind them.
“I indicated in that lecture that unless certain critical steps are taken, the election 2024 could be bloody and could disintegrate our democracy.”
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: 5 die after eating waakye
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- Court orders for pregnancy test of woman convicted in ¢50k theft before sentence
- Debt Exchange Programme: Jubilee House, EMT against inclusion of individual bondholders – Bright Simons
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- DDE could be a positive turning point for Ghana – Alhassan Andani
- Full Report: Technical Committee on exclusion of individual bondholders from Debt Exchange Programme
- Ghanaian students on government scholarship stranded in UK over delayed stipend
- There is a need for proper accountability of climate change funds – Dr Segtub
- Livestream: Joy Prime’s BMPS Show: Is flirting disrespectful to your partner?
- What if Muntaka is appointed party’s campaign manager – NDC Executive Member on Minority leadership shake-up
- #SomethingWickedAwards live on Hitz FM
- Climate change funds should be used more for adaptation and mitigation efforts – Penplusbytes
- 1 suspect arrested in Krofrom gang attack
- Only 1 person died from suspected food poisoning at Oyibi – FDA
- UMB launches 2 new life insurance products with SIC Life
- Gang burns down six-bedroom house in reprisal attack at Krofrom
- 7 shot dead at Jerusalem synagogue
- We need to continue pressing for information – Prof Gadzekpo urges public
- Proposals for selecting leaders of NDC Minority Caucus was ignored – Haruna Iddrisu
- Lack of affirmative action cause of lopsided nature of Parliament – Prof. Audrey Sitsofe Gadzekpo
- I can’t wait to get started – Antoine Semenyo after completing Bournemouth move
- Lynx Entertainment signees ‘BDSM’ thrill patrons at Coming Soon EP release party