The Savannah Regional Executives and Council of Elders of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) have expressed their profound appreciation to President Akufo-Addo for his presence at the seventh day Adua (prayers) of the late King of Gonja, Yagbonwura Sulemana Tuntumba Bore Essa I, in Damango.
The 90-year-old King died on Sunday, 5th February, 2023.
The party, through its Regional Chairman, Alhaji Iddrisu Sulemana (aka Professor Kalamonia), said the presence of President Akufo-Addo was a huge honour done not only to the NPP, but also the Gonja Kingdom and deserves appreciation and commendation.
“Mr. President, you have once again shown your class in Gonjaland, and we (NPP Executives) on behalf of the people of the Savannah Region appreciate and commend you for gracing the occasion, as you left your official schedules to join us to pray for our departed soul. It’s a huge honour not only to us as a party but the whole of Gonjaland. Thank you,” Alhaji Iddrisu Sulemana stated.
The seventh-day prayers were performed on Sunday, 26th February, 2023, in accordance with the customs and traditions of Gonja.
The NPP Regional Chairman, who said this during a press briefing in Damongo, also added that “the President, just like any other persons, could have adduced some reasons to stay away, but he made it to Damongo.
“This is why our former King said you were more than just a friend to Gonjaland, and you actually exhibited that to all and sundry on Sunday”.
“Unlike others who found it not worthy enough to pay their last respect to our late Father and King, you have once again, proved all the doubting Thomases wrong and Savannah Region is forever grateful to you”, he added.
Professor Kalmonia extended similar appreciation to all those who made it to the Jakpa’s Palace, adding that, “our prayers are with you for the show of true friendship and kindness.”
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- SIM card deactivation: Crowds besiege NIA centres for Ghana Card
- Archbishop Agyinasare’s comment can trigger security and peace instability – Security analyst
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- AngloGold incident: 79 illegal miners out of underground mine
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- It’s better late than never – Domelevo rejoices over Supreme Court ruling against forced leave
- How changes in the small-scale mining sector are impacting the environment
- Deputy Finance Minister pleads with Pensioner Bondholders to suspend picketing
- Joy Clean Ghana: Two arrested for breaching sanitation by-laws
- Domelevo’s forced leave: You didn’t listen to good counsel – Prof Gyampo tells Akufo-Addo
- 87 illegal miners who invaded AngloGold Ashanti Obuasi Mine rescued
- The goddess that once walked among us; eulogy to the great Ama Ata Aidoo
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- Answering the call: Traditional rulers and climate action
- Bono GES Directorate to establish ‘sanitary bank’ for deprived school girls
- Your inauguration presents an opportunity to reset Nigerian narrative – Mahama tells Tinubu
- Court remands Director of JC Logistics over an alleged false cheque
- Media Personality Sixtus Dong Ullo runs for Law School Presidency
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- WAFU B Girls’ Cup: I need to work on their finishing – Yusif Basigi on Black Princesses team
- Banking sector faces rising risk to asset quality, capital buffers – Report