Audio By Carbonatix
A Deputy Chairman of the Electoral Commission (EC), Dr Bossman Asare, has announced that the commission will present the entire voter's register to political parties and other relevant stakeholders on Tuesday, October 1, 2024.
This move comes amid growing concerns about the accuracy and credibility of the provisional voter’s register ahead of the 2024 elections.
Dr Asare announced in response to calls from various political parties, especially the National Democratic Congress (NDC), for an audit of the voter’s register.
The NDC had raised concerns about alleged discrepancies in the provisional list and demanded immediate action to ensure transparency in the electoral process.
While the Electoral Commission has previously rejected calls for an audit, describing them as unnecessary, Dr Asare assured the public that the EC remains committed to a fair and transparent electoral process.
Speaking on JoyNews' Newsfile programme on Saturday, September 28, he emphasised that presenting the register to political parties and civil society groups is part of the Commission’s efforts to build trust and ensure accountability.
The meeting on Tuesday will provide stakeholders the opportunity to review the register, raise concerns, and seek clarifications on any issues.
Dr Asare expressed confidence that this engagement will address the concerns raised and foster collaboration between the EC and political entities.
"For the good people of our country, we have addressed all the concerns that were raised and right now we have informed the political parties that we will have an IPAC meeting with them on Tuesday and in the said meeting, we will present the entire voter’s register to the political parties and other groups on Tuesday. So we want to request all of them to make themselves available at the meeting," he said.
Latest Stories
-
LUV FM High School Debate: Opoku Ware and St. Hubert seminary book quarterfinal spots
23 minutes -
‘I was born in South Africa’, says beauty queen Chidimma Adetshina facing legal bid to deport her
3 hours -
Prince Harry and Meghan moving back to UK
3 hours -
Ghana’s output expansion largely driven by labour, capital rather than innovation – Opoku-Afari
3 hours -
Ghana is ready for nuclear power adoption – Gov’t affirms
3 hours -
GJA@77: Media-government partnership vital to Ghana’s democracy – Shamima Muslim
3 hours -
LUV FM High School Debate: Opoku Ware and St. Hubert Seminary book quarterfinal spots
3 hours -
Stronger research, industry linkages needed to build a competitive digital economy – Deloitte Technology Senior Manager
3 hours -
Economy experience high but unbalanced growth from mid-2000 to 2022 debt crisis – Former 1st Deputy Governor
3 hours -
Tell Your Story: Political, business and industry leaders to share journey with young Ghanaians
4 hours -
‘Gold cannot save you at 2am’ – Obuobia Darko challenges mining giants to invest in healthcare
4 hours -
Wontumi’s incarceration will not stop his chairmanship bid – Palgrave
4 hours -
Eurobond borrowings over 2007-2021 used for budget financing; Ghana borrowed US$15.59bn – Opoku-Afari
4 hours -
Newborn baby found in dustbin at Kasoa Main Station toilet
4 hours -
Ghanaian skincare brand KAEME wins DHL ESG Excellence Exporter of the Year award
5 hours