The head of the UN’s World Health Organization (WHO) has commended Madagascar’s efforts against the coronavirus pandemic, according to the nation’s president.
Late Wednesday President Andry Rajoelina took to Twitter to say he had a successful talk on the phone, with Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.
Adding that WHO will sign a confidentiality clause on the formulation of Covid Organics (CVO) – an herbal beverage Rajoelina has claimed could prevent or cure the virus – and will support clinical observations in Africa.
His comments came a few days after WHO’s Africa head said they are in touch with Madagascar over CVO.
”We have offered to support the design of a study to look into this product,” Matshidiso Moeti said.
The Indian Ocean nation has confirmed 371 COVID-19 cases, with two death and 131 recoveries, according to data compiled by the US’ John Hopkins University.
On Sunday Rajoelina urged the public to protect themselves from the novel coronavirus by drinking CVO.
Madagascar has sent CVO to several African countries including Comoros, Guinea Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Liberia, Niger, Tanzania, Nigeria, Senegal, and Chad.
Rajoelina also said Madagascar will send CVO to Haiti and scientific bodies.
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Ghana returns to gold top spot as output jumps 32%
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- Tourists watch Russian man get devoured by shark on Egypt beach
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- Minority warns against turning Green Ghana Day events into corruption schemes
- ‘Spiritualist’ on trial for allegedly defrauding client of GHȼ85,000
- Vice President Bawumia has never held British or any other citizenship – Gideon Boako
- Life lounge with Edem Knight-Tay: Only because she is a woman
- I’ve been forced out over Partygate report – Boris Johnson
- 2023 AFCONQ: Chris Hughton replaces injured Alexander Djiku with Kasim Adams
- Media Coalition Against Galamsey frustrated at non-prosecution of Akonta Mining directors
- ISSER recommends adoption of electric vehicles to achieve a low-carbon transport sector
- Prof Frimpong Boateng is a role model for fighting ‘galamsey’, follow his examples – German Ambassador urges Ghanaians
- Special Prosecutor is guest on Newsfile on Saturday, June 10
- Unemployment in Ghana is highest among female youth – ISSER report reveals alarming disparities
- GrEEn project plants 2,000 trees in Ashanti and Western regions
- Asantehene leads tree planting in Kumasi as part of Green Ghana Day initiative
- Johnnie Walker Black Label and Red Label ‘step out of boxes’
- Sankalp West Africa Summit 2023 on entrepreneurship slated for June 12
- French Open 2023: Novak Djokovic through to final after Carlos Alcaraz injury
- Man Utd owners spoke to PSG chairman about Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani’s bid