WHO member states have agreed on an independent review of the global pandemic response at a virtual meeting of the World Health Assembly.
China has accused the United States of smearing Beijing and shirking responsibilities to the World Health Organization (WHO) after President Donald Trump threatened to pull out of the UN health body.
Unemployment claims in Britain jumped by 69 percent last month as the coronavirus pandemic took hold and hit the labour market.
The US has set aside $11bn to ramp up coronavirus testing as the country reopens.
Globally, there have been more than 4.8 million confirmed cases of COVID-19 and more than 318,800 people have died, according to Johns Hopkins University. Nearly 1.8 million people have recovered.
- I have been battling prostate cancer for a year – KSM
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- Appointment Committee recommends approval of 2 out of 4 Justices nominated to the Supreme Court
- We will no longer be paying ¢0.50 and ¢1 as road toll next year – Roads Minister
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Waterstone Realty Ltd sues government for $4.7m over National Cathedral project
- Sacked against medical advice, workplace abuse and stigma – An HIV ambassador’s story
- Economy is in crisis, we need Debt Exchange Programme to get IMF Staff-Level Agreement – Abena Osei Asare
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, December 8, 2022
- GRA boss heaps praises on ICUMS’ E-auction module
- Afriyie-Ankrah’s former students support campaign with billboards
- World Cup 2022: Fifa ‘deeply saddened’ after reported migrant worker death
- Sterling asks FA to look at him returning to Qatar for quarter-final
- GSIA rejects Debt Exchange Programme
- Debt exchange: Our money shouldn’t be touched – UTAG tells government
- Government establishes ¢15bn Ghana Financial Stability Fund
- Putin: Nuclear risk is rising, but we are not mad
- Marketing Officer granted bail for stealing from Duraplast Company
- Government has not shown any seriousness in handling economic crisis – Franklin Cudjoe
- Wenchi Police arrest eight suspected Indian hemp smokers
- United States is world’s top destination for foreign direct investment
- Debt Exchange: Government has not shown that the country is in crisis – Dr. Serebour
- COVID-19: Three institutions partner to produce ventilator