Wilmar Africa Limited, one of Ghana’s leading manufacturing companies, has donated food items worth GH₵20,000 to Achimota School for emerging champions at the maiden edition of the Fortune Alumni contest held in Accra.
The Fortune Alumni contest is a cooking contest opened to all alumni of Senior High schools across the country. This maiden edition was launched on the Fortune social media pages in January, climaxing in a fierce class on February 12, 2022 at the forecourt of UPSA-Legon.
The Fortune brand hosted a number of Senior High school alumni teams namely: Wesley Girls High school, Mfantsipim School, St Peter’s, St Rose’s, Aburi Girls, Presbyterian Boys, Mfantsiman Girls, Accra Academy, St Mary’s, Achimota Senior High, Krobo Girls, Ghana National College, St Francis Xavier, Mawuli Senior High and Yaa Asantewa Girls, and Prempeh College.
These schools competed keenly across different rice meals preparations using Fortune rice and was judged by three of the finest food professionals in Ghana namely, Chef Henry, Mukase Chic and Ekow MaClean. The dishes were pre-balloted by the various Alumni representatives, who further indicated the ingredients needed.
All ingredients and logistics were then made available by Fortune for all the teams. The contest was a timed cookout and judged based on taste, creativity & innovation, proper use of ingredients and teamwork.
At the end of the cookout, Achimota School emerged as the overall best school, making them the champions of the maiden edition of the Fortune Alumni contest and winning for themselves products and shopping vouchers and the coveted food package valued at GH₵20,000 for their alma mater.
The Head of Marketing, Mrs. Patience Mpereh congratulated the winners: Jonathan Gabriel Larmie and Donatella Esinam Kudoto, for their hard work and exceptional creativity.
In a short ceremony held in Achimota School, Mrs. Patience Mpereh further presented the overall prize to the head mistress of the school and congratulated the school for grooming such selfless students who want to give back to their school.
Similarly, the Marketing Manager of Wilmar Africa Ltd, Mrs. Ewuraba Adusei lauded the students for their performance whilst appreciating their continuous loyalty for the Fortune brand.
She was hopeful the gesture from Wilmar would go a long way to support the current school/boarding feeding to ensure that students continue to enjoy nutritious tasty meals
Fortune is a trusted global food brand of Wilmar International; providing nutritious meals across many countries. In Ghana, it has been in existence for about 5 years playing in the rice and margarine categories.
Fortune rice is loved for its versatility when it comes to the various rice meals due to its innovative variants such as Delight KDM, Delicious Vietnam Rice, Classic Vietnam Jasmine, Thai, and Emo Pa (Ghana rice) with different pack sizes and price points to suit every pocket.
Fortune delivers on taste, quality and aroma to ensure consistent tasty meals always. The brand’s purpose is to bring people together just like mothers while fostering the joy of eating. By engaging its consumers and communities in campaigns such the Fortune Alumni contest, the brand gives back to the society, whiles exciting the consumer base for continued partnership.
The Fortune brand continues to grow strong within the rice market championing innovations in the local rice segment with its tasty Emo Pa rice variant which is 100% produced and packed in Ghana with same great taste and single grains for all rice meals.
The items donated included Fortune Delight KDM Rice, Frytol pure vegetable oil and Frytol seasoning tablets.
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Photos: Actor ‘Waakye’, laid to rest
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- ECG conducting a system audit after technical challenge – General Manager
- Adwoa Smart cries at Prince Yawson’s funeral
- Kwasi Kwarteng’s U-turn won’t be forgotten
- Chiefs, DCEs, others to blame for worsening galamsey situation – Lands Minister
- ‘Task Ofori-Atta to seek help from Seth Tekper in addressing our economic miseries’ – Gyampo to Akufo-Addo
- Electroland Ghana Limited to award Etouga, Annor & Prosper Ogum
- ‘It’s still 50-50’ – Francis Amuzu on choosing between Ghana and Belgium
- Mohammed Kudus makes Eredivisie Team of the Month for September
- We will work day, night to clear backlog of passports – Foreign Affairs Minister
- Falling in love is easy — Staying in love is a choice
- Why love is messy but beautiful at the same time
- Nana Ampadu to be buried on October 8
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- Uganda needs GridCo’s expertise in reliable power transmission – UETCL
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- What sounds are hot with Ghanaian Gen Zs right now?
- SSNIT launches Mobile Service Week at Ho
- Anny Osabutey: BHM Construction and Ningo-Prampram’s monstrous traffic
- Erik Ten Hag explains why he left Ronaldo on the bench in derby defeat
- Injured Baba Rahman to return before Ghana – Switzerland pre-World Cup friendly