Investigative journalist, Anas Aremeyaw Anas, has congratulated Mr Kissi Agyebeng on his appointment as Special Prosecutor.
In a Facebook post, Anas, known to be a client of Mr Agyebeng, welcomed the new Special Prosecutor with a heartwarming message, “Kissi Agyebeng: Hearty congratulations on your swearing-in as Special Prosecutor for the Republic of #Ghana. Wishing you the very best!”
President Akufo-Addo officially swore into office, Kissi Agyebeng as the Special Prosecutor on Thursday at the Jubilee House.
The 43-year-old Lawyer takes over from Martin Amidu who resigned from office in November 2020 after accusing the President of interference in his work.
During the swearing-in ceremony, the President urged the new appointee to always bear in mind that although, “the remit of the office is broad and challenging” he has a responsibility to fight corruption independently and impartially.
He also assured Mr Agyebeng that no appointee from his government will interfere in his duties as required by the law.
The office of the Special Prosecutor is a creation of Parliament that serves as an independent investigating and prosecution body to make inquiries into corruption, bribery, or other criminal cases at the national level either in the public or private sector.
Mr Agyebeng is expected to serve a 7-year mandate.
- Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?
- ‘I’m on the run until this country shows me there are laws’ – Shatta Wale
- ‘I never promised to build a harbour in Cape Coast’ – Akufo-Addo
- ‘God says we should sing a new song’ not plagiarise – Cindy Thompson to take legal actions against offenders
- A flimsy excuse should not be given for denial of a visa to MPs – Sam George calls out Netherlands Ambassador
- We’re investigating Shatta Wale’s shooting claims – Police
- I lied because people were associating me with politics – Cindy Thompson on ‘Awurade Kasa’
- Funny Face arrested after threatening to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- Komenda Sugar Factory: Mahama constructed roof before building foundation – Akufo-Addo
- NDC Caucus begin audit of MPs refused visa to establish whether it is linked to anti-LGBTQ+
Wydad to play Hearts behind closed doors
Awako not happy at Hearts, I want to bring him back – Annor Walker
Inside Nigeria’s unregulated human egg industry
Robbers made away with over ¢100k in alleged bullion van attack
Kudus, Sowah, Addo to star as Champions League resumes
Isaac Dogboe set for Christopher Diaz challenge on November 20
Man stabs, cuts off penis of friend for taking his nude pictures
Local media not doing enough to project highlife music – Berima Amo
The Big Talent Show Week 3: Contestants dazzle fans with awesome performances in eviction-free week
Liberian President George Weah rewards taxi driver who returned $50k
Four taxi cab robbers jailed 60 years
Prince Yaw Antwi: Homeownership – To build or to buy, the dilemma of the millennial
Finance Minister must account for ¢1.26bn accrued from Price Stabilisation and Recovery Levy
LGBTQ+ Bill: I see no right in life to use ‘exits as entries’ – Mikki Osei Berko
Blackmail: Fans react as alleged intimate video of Tiwa Savage, lover surfaces