A witch doctor and her husband have been arrested for allegedly instigating the attack on 70-year-old Abia, accused of being a wizard.
Zianatu and her husband were picked up by the Damongo Divisional Police on Tuesday night.
They have been transferred to the Regional Headquarters for further investigations.
The 70-year-old peasant farmer was beaten to a pulp by some residents in Damongo who accused him of causing the death of their relations.
JoyNews reports reveal that Abia was asked by his attackers to admit being behind the death of some three young men in the community, but he denied the allegations.
They then dragged him to the residence of a witch doctor to extract a confession from him. But when he once again, denied any wrongdoing, his accusers tortured, molested and left him under the scorching sun.
He was, however, rescued by his children and rushed to the hospital.
Mr Abia was initially admitted at the West Gonja Hospital for treatment but was later transferred to the Tamale Teaching Hospital.
He is currently fighting for his life.
- Father and daughter die in a gory accident at Ejisu-Onwe
- Celebrities, luxury cars flood social media as Kwame Despite sparks reaction with birthday
- New Jersey Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour shot dead outside home in ‘despicable criminal act’
- I couldn’t attend PRESEC-Legon because our cocoa farm got burnt – Seth Terkper
- Women have been misled about menopause says New York Times
- Bodies of 10 civilians allegedly killed by soldiers released to families for burial
- There is no biometric record of Victor Kusi Boateng in our database – NIA tells Ablakwa
- ‘I am a fixer, not a talker’ – Dr Osei Adutwum tells critics
- It is unreasonable for Opuni’s case to drag on for 6 years – Attorney General
- Military officers rescue NEDCo staff locked up for disconnecting UDS from power supply
- We have a concerted approach for investment facilitation in Ghana – GIPC’s Deputy CEO
- Livestream: PM Express discusses the revised debt exchange programme
- Teachers from 48 schools undergo CHAG’s HIV, TB training
- Insecurity in relationships and how to handle it
- Bright Simons: Will a global circular economy help or hurt Africa?
- Businessman to construct bridges to connect cut off Lawoshime community to Keta
- Bawku is a complete war zone – Security analyst
- Include us in Traditional Council Affairs – Buipe Queen Mothers
- Andre Ayew explains decision to join Nottingham Forest
- Kylian Mbappe: Paris St-Germain striker to miss Champions League tie with injury
- Andre Ayew joins Nottingham Forest after Al Sadd departure
- Okaikwei South MP supports 200 students in Constituency
- Peru grows 6,000 different types of potatoes – Peruvian Ambassador to Ghana
- NIA’s statement affirms issuing Ghana Card in the name of Kwabena Adu Gyamfi – Ablakwa
- Illegal mining: Government to reclaim five thousand hectares of land destroyed by Galamsey