A woman attending her son’s wedding was left in tears after she identified the bride as her long-lost daughter. The incident happened in Suzhou, Jiangsu province in China on March 31.
The mother-in-law noticed a birthmark on her new daughter-in-law’s hand, which was similar to the one on her lost daughter’s hand.
After spotting the birthmark, the woman approached the bride’s parents and asked if she had been adopted over 20 years ago. The bride’s family was baffled by the question as it had been a secret. However, they went on to reveal that they had found a baby girl by the roadside several years ago whom they brought up as their own daughter.
On hearing the story, the bride burst into tears. She wanted to know more about her biological parents. She described the moment of meeting her biological mother as “happier than the wedding day itself”.
The story didn’t end there. There was more to come.
The bride was now concerned about marrying her elder brother. However, the mother-in-law revealed that there would be no objection to their marriage as the groom was also adopted.
The woman had adopted a boy after losing all hopes of finding her missing daughter. She had searched for her for years but in vain, Oriental Daily reported.
She said that there would be no problem in their marriage as they were not biological siblings.
The bride was relieved to know this and the couple completed their wedding rituals.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Kwabena Agyepong welcomed back to NPP after 6 years suspension
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
- NSMQ 2021: Tamasco and 3 others secure tickets to Accra on day one of Northern Regional qualifiers
UEW Signs MoU with T-TEL to reform Educational Sector
Central Regional House of Chiefs vow to be more development-oriented
New Kejetia Market closed down after Tuesday’s fire
Message from the Morning Man: Albert and the Bees
Asantehene to open Regional Consultative Dialogue on Small-Scale Mining on May 12
Taskforce will curb illegal chainsaw operations – Municipal Director says
Some 155 million people suffer from hunger in 2020 – UN
Students graduate without acquiring the requisite skills needed for the job market – Skills Development expert
Use campaign billboards to educate Ghanaians on road safety – Chiefs urge
GAF are engaged in the decommissioning and demobilizing of equipment used for illegal mining – Abu Jinapor
Kumasi Mayor commends Fire Service for swift response to New Kejetia Market fire
Francis Addai-Nimoh: #FixTheCountry – Drawing the lines of responsibilities
No regional and district Eidul Fitr prayers, security agents to ensure compliance
Unemployed man jailed 11 years for stealing
Azamati’s development as top athlete is fastest in my 11 years – West Texas track coach