Audio By Carbonatix
Ransford Yeboah-Königsdörffer’s move to OGC Nice is off after the player failed his medical, it has been confirmed.
The 23 year old had been closing in on a €7m move from Hamburg. With talks between the clubs heading in a positive direction, as confirmed by Florian Maurice in yesterday’s press conference, the player was permitted to travel for a medical.
Nice had been looking to quickly conclude the deal in order to have him available for their UEFA Champions League qualifier against SL Benfica on Wednesday. Not only will he not be in the squad for that game, he won’t be in it full stop.
His medical revealed a meniscus issue. Nice therefore did further tests but opted to pull out of the deal. Hamburg have confirmed that, following the failed medical, Yeboah-Königsdörffer has returned to the club.
The German side said that they “didn’t expect this development” due to the fact that the Ghanaian forward has only missed two games with muscular issues in the past three years.
Latest Stories
-
Police assessing Stansted Airport private flights over Epstein ties
2 hours -
Nine arrested in France over death of far-right student
2 hours -
EPA to probe seizure of over 200 suspected galamsey machines at Tema port
2 hours -
Ghana–Russia Center, Kuban Agrarian University seal deal to advance agricultural innovation
2 hours -
Mahama opens maiden Tree Crop Investment Summit, pushes value addition and jobs
2 hours -
Police recover five assault rifles after Bono shootout, one suspect killed
2 hours -
Nana B slams Special Prosecutor over presidential primaries investigations
3 hours -
The ‘Ghana Must Go’ bag of integrity: 3 police officers return GH₵85k
3 hours -
Ghana must help Burkina Faso tackle terror threat – Expert says
3 hours -
Police return GH¢85,000 found on Techiman–Kumasi highway to owner
3 hours -
NSA assures service personnel of prompt payment of outstanding allowances
3 hours -
The Wahala Playbook: A quintessential guide to burying national scandals with internet gossip
3 hours -
Burkina Faso attack: Travel advisory insufficient, urgent security measures needed – Samuel Jinapor
3 hours -
Daily Insight for CEOs: Decision-Making Speed and Quality.
4 hours -
Emmanuel Bedzrah cuts sod for 17 educational infrastructure projects in Ho West
4 hours
