Audio By Carbonatix
Ransford Yeboah-Königsdörffer’s move to OGC Nice is off after the player failed his medical, it has been confirmed.
The 23 year old had been closing in on a €7m move from Hamburg. With talks between the clubs heading in a positive direction, as confirmed by Florian Maurice in yesterday’s press conference, the player was permitted to travel for a medical.
Nice had been looking to quickly conclude the deal in order to have him available for their UEFA Champions League qualifier against SL Benfica on Wednesday. Not only will he not be in the squad for that game, he won’t be in it full stop.
His medical revealed a meniscus issue. Nice therefore did further tests but opted to pull out of the deal. Hamburg have confirmed that, following the failed medical, Yeboah-Königsdörffer has returned to the club.
The German side said that they “didn’t expect this development” due to the fact that the Ghanaian forward has only missed two games with muscular issues in the past three years.
Latest Stories
-
David Hundeyin to release documentary on Tanzania election violence coverage
45 minutes -
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
1 hour -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
1 hour -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
2 hours -
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
3 hours -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
3 hours -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
3 hours -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
4 hours -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
4 hours -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
4 hours -
Football Noise, Economic Silence
4 hours -
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
4 hours -
Security service recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
4 hours -
Ghana’s tech prodigies set for Geneva after triumphant ‘Robotics for Good’ national qualifiers
5 hours -
World Bank document shows 27 countries seeking to ensure access to crisis funds
5 hours