Audio By Carbonatix
Brother of the late President John Evans Atta Mills, Samuel Atta Mills has stated that the Head of Atta Mills Institute, Koku Anyidoho has no right to ask for the autopsy report of the late President.
Koku Anyidoho in an interview with JoyNews on Tuesday, dared Samuel Atta Mills to produce the autopsy report on the death of his brother as he alleged that “Sammy Atta Mills has questions to answer.”
Responding to the demand by Koku Anyidoho in an interview on Upfront, Wednesday, the KEEA MP said Mr. Anyidoho has no business demanding the autopsy report.
“Autopsy report is personal for the family. Is he a family member? What is his business asking for an autopsy report? We took the autopsy report from the 37 military hospital, we went to AMA. Professor Mills was buried there with a death certificate from AMA, we had to take the autopsy report over there. That is when they granted us the burial certificate. What is his business asking?” he noted.
The MP lamented “why a non-governmental organisation [Atta Mills Institute] is running the place [Asomdwe Park].”
This Sunday will mark the 10th Anniversary of the death of former President John Evans Atta Mills.
According to Mr. Anyidoho, a memorial thanksgiving service will be held after which President Akufo-Addo will commission the Asomdwe Park.
He threatened that after the commissioning, “John Dramani Mahama and Sammy Atta Mills will never enter the place to do anything there.”
When questioned about whether he will attend the memorial service of his late brother, Samuel Atta Mills responded “No. Why go there in the morning when I have not been invited.”
“What right does he have to threaten us that he will not allow us to go to Asomdwe Park,” he asked.
The family of the late President had earlier accused the Coastal Development Authority and the Atta Mills Institute of desecrating the body of the late President by embarking on renovation works and removing the tomb of the John Evans Atta Mills without informing the family.
But the Coastal Development Authority in a statement on Wednesday said "We wish to state that the grave was not opened and therefore no desecration of the body of the former President, H.E John Evans Atta Mills, has taken place.”
Latest Stories
-
Ice baths, almond milk, meditation and a ‘house like a hospital’: The secrets of Salah’s success
36 minutes -
This Saturday on Prime Insight: GN Savings and Loans licence restoration and the Abronye bail debate
2 hours -
Putin vows retaliation after accusing Ukraine of hitting student dormitory
3 hours -
2026 ACI World Congress: In Accra, a quiet reframe of how emerging markets see themselves
3 hours -
No break-in, no theft at Ashaiman showroom – Hisense Ghana clarifies
3 hours -
This Saturday on Newsfile: Attack on free speech and return of GN Bank
3 hours -
Opinion: The evidence before High Court continues to expose weakness of the Republic’s case against Wontumi
3 hours -
Ebola risk raised to ‘very high’ in DR Congo
3 hours -
I recommended Haruna and Muntaka for ministerial roles — Asiedu Nketia
4 hours -
The Cost of Macroeconomic Stabilization: An Analysis of the Bank ofGhana’s 2025 Financial Deficit
4 hours -
Isaac Nlason elected SRC President of the Ghana School of Law
4 hours -
Haruna Iddrisu takes a subtle jibe at Asiedu Nketia’s ‘Thank You Tour’
4 hours -
GSA, PTB donate 50 calibrated weighing scales to Techiman traders on World Metrology Day
4 hours -
US says temporary visa holders should leave to apply for Green Cards
4 hours -
Asiedu Nketia pledges stronger welfare support for former NDC executives
5 hours