Audio By Carbonatix
Former CEO of the Produce Buying Company (PBC), Nana Agyenim Boateng has disputed claims that the former administration is to blame for the imminent collapse of the company.
According to him, before his administration handed over, the PBC was performing well, therefore, the assertion made by the current Deputy CEO, Vivian Boadi that the losses of the company started in 2013 was false.
Speaking on JoyFM's Midday News on Tuesday, April 18, Mr Boateng said “We [his administration] left it in a very solid state and they, [current administration] have come to mess it up and it is better and prudent that they own up and then let COCOBOD help them.”
The former CEO also explained that since 2002, the practice had been that government and COCOBOD offered financial assistance to PBC.
This, he explained, was because since PBC ventured into liability company, the structure has been designed such that PBC was always the buyer of last resort.
He further contended that from 2013 to 2017, PBC’s progress was consistently marked at 32 per cent to 30.8 per cent.
“From 2013 14 to 2016 17 that we handed over, PBC consistently was doing 32 to 30.8 per cent. So in between was when we carried on this mega business of the golden beam and the PBC share...
“In between this time is where we're making all this, though we were under construction, we handled it well. In 2016/17 season was the 30.8 per cent,” Mr Boateng emphasised.
He also claimed the debt that his administration left behind was GH¢289 million, but not GH¢700 million as Madam Boadi told the media.
Mr Boateng, therefore stated that he was ready to debate and provide documents on his handing over notes to any authority that request that it be done.
Latest Stories
-
Fire guts Saboba Hospital’s Children Ward
1 hour -
Interior Ministry extends aptitude test dates for WASSCE applicants in 2025/26 security services recruitment
2 hours -
National Investment Bank donates GH₵1m to support GAF barracks redevelopment project
3 hours -
Gomoa-East demolition: 14 suspects remanded by Kasoa Ofaakor Court
3 hours -
Divers recover bodies of seven Chinese tourists from bottom of Lake Baikal
5 hours -
From windstorm to resilience: How Wa school is growing climate protection
5 hours -
Reclaiming the Garden City: Dr. Kwame Adinkrah urges Kumasi to rein in billboard proliferation
5 hours -
Bursar of Ghanata SHS arrested for alleged diversion of student food supplies
5 hours -
Trump says he will increase global tariffs to 15%
6 hours -
Bogoso-Prestea mine records first gold pour after 24-month shutdown
6 hours -
Ghana–ECOWAS talks end with renewed push for women and youth political inclusion
6 hours -
Interior Minister receives Hudai Foundation food donation for prison inmates during Ramadan
7 hours -
UBIDS to benefit from pre-fabricated US$6.6m 1k capacity classroom project
7 hours -
Interior Minister launches Automated Fire Safety Compliance System to enhance public safety
7 hours -
Africa must lead climate intervention conversation – Experts
7 hours
