Forbes Africa in partnership with Busy Internet Ghana (ISP) has launched a new digital channel or application, known as forbes8, to enable local entrepreneurs to access opportunities for their business.
The app-based service allows users to log in to watch, listen to seminars, interact with business leaders and provide an opportunity to be mentored by leading business executives across the world. Forbes is making this possible for budding entrepreneurs as well.
Forbes8 gives voice to innovators and entrepreneurs with the potential to improve the world, allowing them to share their ideas and to inspire others to do the same.
Android developer, AW3 Media, is the developer of the digital platform.
Chairman and CEO of AW3 Media Group, Amos Winbush III, in his address to the media, said the Forbes8 app will provide budding entrepreneurs with the opportunity to submit short videos about their businesses for possible upload unto the app.
“The current would be for you and by you,” he said.
Speaking at the launch, Deputy Minister of Communications, Vincent Sowah Odotei, lauded Forbes for choosing Ghana as the first destination of the network.
He said this is in line with the President’s ambitious infrastructure development programme.
Mr Odotei added the Ministry of Communications is working to address some risks and challenges in the cyberspace.
On his part, the Chief Director of the Business Development Ministry, Joe Tackie commended Forbes for choosing Ghana as the destination for the official launch of the platform describing it as a “game changer.”
The Chief Growth Officer of Forbes, Tom Davies, has encouraged Ghanaian entrepreneurs not to relent in their businesses and also to take advantage of the Forbes8 network.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Eni, UNIDO partner to help reach SDGs with pioneering public-private cooperation
- Ghana stocks head for 21-month low as banking concerns linger
- PIAC rejects 'poor data quality' excuse for direct negotiation for oil blocks
- Gov’t to introduce financing scheme for Made in Ghana cars
- Bawumia leads gov't's trade, investment delegation to Canada
- Fidelity Bank offers ‘unique customer experience on mobile app’
- Yolanda Cuba joins MTN as Group Chief of Digital & Fintech
- 2019 MOBEX Africa Tech Expo & Innovation Awards launched in Accra
- Induction of Insurance Professionals in Ghana - What to expect?
- Ecobank, Partners provide financial support to 16 medical students
- Johannesburg tops Women Entrepreneur Cities Index
- Ghana still high-risk debt of distress country - IMF/World Bank
- Cowbell to construct 20 boreholes to mark 20th anniversary
- Nestle introduces a new kind of chocolate
- Prove your ability to keep debt at sustainable levels - Terkper challenges gov’t