Ghana's multiple award winning artiste, Sarkodie turns 29, today - Thursday, July 10.
Born, Michael Owusu Addo, the rapper is the fourth of five children. His mother, Emma Maame Aggrey, a single parent, raised him in Tema.
With several hit songs to his credit, Sarkodie has won several awards including the ‘Best International Act (Africa)’ at the 2012 Black Entertainment Television (BET) Awards. He jointly won that award with Nigerian artiste, Wizkid.
Sarkodie won the ‘Best Hip Hop’ at the 2014 MTV Africa Music Awards at the Durban International Convention Centre (ICC) in Durban, South Africa last month.
Happy Birthday Obidi Pon Bidi!
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Stonebwoy to headline Independence Concert
- Our leaders are selfish - Don Little
- Jussie Smollett had no role in own attack, lawyers say
- Video: Young rapper takes on politicians, police, slay queens in freestyle rap
- NYPD investigating commander accused of telling officers to shoot 50 Cent
- Has Meghan's accent changed since marrying Prince Harry?
- Oscars 2019: All awards will be shown live after backlash
- Fred Amugi threatens to sue Rosemond Brown for alleging they had sex
- I officially accept Starboy Kwarteng nickname – Ebony’s Father
- Nigeria election 2019: Wizkid shades APC, PDP, advises Nigerians
- Video/Photos: Cwesi Oteng visits Akufo-Addo, presents special copy of album to him
- Six new school songs influenced by old school
- Video: Why should I attend Willi Roi’s funeral? – Stonebwoy
- I can’t beat Annie – 2Baba refutes wife-beating allegations
- Joy FM/Kojo Antwi Love concert: Easier to buy a ticket but harder to go home