Ghana's multiple award winning artiste, Sarkodie turns 29, today - Thursday, July 10.
Born, Michael Owusu Addo, the rapper is the fourth of five children. His mother, Emma Maame Aggrey, a single parent, raised him in Tema.
With several hit songs to his credit, Sarkodie has won several awards including the ‘Best International Act (Africa)’ at the 2012 Black Entertainment Television (BET) Awards. He jointly won that award with Nigerian artiste, Wizkid.
Sarkodie won the ‘Best Hip Hop’ at the 2014 MTV Africa Music Awards at the Durban International Convention Centre (ICC) in Durban, South Africa last month.
Happy Birthday Obidi Pon Bidi!
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20: Oragnisers fail to announce 'Artiste of the Year' due to Shatta, Stonebwoy fight
- VGMA@20: Sarkodie crowned ‘Artiste of the Decade’
- VGMA@20: “You are my son” – Amakye Dede crowns Kuami Eugene
- “I’m really sorry” - Stonebwoy apolgises for pulling gun at VGMA@20
- Video: VGMA@20: Stonebwoy pulls gun as Bhim Nation, Shatta Wale camps clash
- Photos: Fashion moment on the Red Carpet of VGMA@20
- VGMA@20: Check out winners at 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- VGMA@20: Live updates of 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- I’m rooting for Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’ – Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Watch 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards live
- Arnold Schwarzenegger drop-kicked at South Africa event
- It's fraud when artiste don't perform live – Samini
- Staying united secured our success - Daughters of Glorious Jesus
- Kwesi Arthur, Chris Attoh, Dumelo, others headline week's entertainment news
- Give underground artistes slots on big shows – Rapper Ikroniq pleads