The rapper, Cabum, has disclosed how unhappy he feels when his name is missing from the best rapper of the year nominees list for the Ghana Music Awards.
The rapper, who was speaking on the Kasahari Level on Adom FM with Pope Skinny, said although he is not happy about the issue, he has grown accustomed to it.
He said while he is not getting any nomination, some people have their own way of defining who the best rapper is.
“It’s a normal thing because everybody has their own best rapper… So, in a way I feel bad and in another way too I don’t,” he told Pope Skinny.
The ‘Chedeshi State label artiste revealed that he prefers dating light skinned ladies to dark ones.
“I don’t often have sex but anytime I want to I prefer fair ladies to the dark ones,” he stated.
When asked why he chose music ahead of any other profession, Cabum stated that he had wanted to be a radio personality but he couldn’t get the opportunity.
Nevertheless, the rapper said he loves what he does.
He revealed there have been calls for him to do remixes of songs of his father, Alhaji K. Frimpong of ‘Kyenkyen Bi Adi Mawu’ fame.
“Lots of people have been asking me to do a remix of my dad’s songs but I believe it’s time for me to do my own thing. Its destiny, he had his and I have mine so I have to do my thing my own way.”
He, however, added that, he will grant that request after he has built a strong career for himself.
Cabum is set to launch his highly anticipated debut album titled ‘The Beginning’ on May 26 at the Vienna City in Accra.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Amakye Dede @ 45: Kumasi concert to feature Sarkodie, Ofori Amponsah, Lilwin
- You’ve become a slave to weed – Dada Hafco tells Yaa Pono
- Video: Criss Waddle can afford to buy me a car – Yvonne Okoro reacts to rumours
- Video: If we break up, I’ll be better than you left me - Yvonne Okoro
- Obour teams up with Obogu Traditional Council to spread joy
- Huawei confirms termination of contract with Teacher Kwadwo
- Video: My dad’s death inspired me to be a nurse – Wendy Shay reveals
- Video: There’s nothing like a ‘dumb’ question – Wendy Shay apologises
- God is my best friend – Wendy Shay
- Video: Sakawa victim wasn’t talking about me – Medikal reacts to fraud claims
- Video: I created 4x4, I will bring them back – Bright of Buk Bak
- Video: I didn’t save Fella Makafui’s name as ‘Carpenter’ – Medikal replies Sister Derby
- I never dated Kojo Antwi – Nana Yaa clears the air
- Is 'Dumsor' back? - Yvonne Nelson asks
- Catherine Afeku wins ‘Most Active Tourism Minister’ award