The rapper, Cabum, has disclosed how unhappy he feels when his name is missing from the best rapper of the year nominees list for the Ghana Music Awards.
The rapper, who was speaking on the Kasahari Level on Adom FM with Pope Skinny, said although he is not happy about the issue, he has grown accustomed to it.
He said while he is not getting any nomination, some people have their own way of defining who the best rapper is.
“It’s a normal thing because everybody has their own best rapper… So, in a way I feel bad and in another way too I don’t,” he told Pope Skinny.
The ‘Chedeshi State label artiste revealed that he prefers dating light skinned ladies to dark ones.
“I don’t often have sex but anytime I want to I prefer fair ladies to the dark ones,” he stated.
When asked why he chose music ahead of any other profession, Cabum stated that he had wanted to be a radio personality but he couldn’t get the opportunity.
Nevertheless, the rapper said he loves what he does.
He revealed there have been calls for him to do remixes of songs of his father, Alhaji K. Frimpong of ‘Kyenkyen Bi Adi Mawu’ fame.
“Lots of people have been asking me to do a remix of my dad’s songs but I believe it’s time for me to do my own thing. Its destiny, he had his and I have mine so I have to do my thing my own way.”
He, however, added that, he will grant that request after he has built a strong career for himself.
Cabum is set to launch his highly anticipated debut album titled ‘The Beginning’ on May 26 at the Vienna City in Accra.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20: Oragnisers fail to announce 'Artiste of the Year' due to Shatta, Stonebwoy fight
- VGMA@20: Sarkodie crowned ‘Artiste of the Decade’
- VGMA@20: “You are my son” – Amakye Dede crowns Kuami Eugene
- “I’m really sorry” - Stonebwoy apolgises for pulling gun at VGMA@20
- Video: VGMA@20: Stonebwoy pulls gun as Bhim Nation, Shatta Wale camps clash
- Photos: Fashion moment on the Red Carpet of VGMA@20
- VGMA@20: Check out winners at 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- VGMA@20: Live updates of 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- I’m rooting for Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’ – Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Watch 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards live
- Arnold Schwarzenegger drop-kicked at South Africa event
- It's fraud when artiste don't perform live – Samini
- Staying united secured our success - Daughters of Glorious Jesus
- Kwesi Arthur, Chris Attoh, Dumelo, others headline week's entertainment news
- Give underground artistes slots on big shows – Rapper Ikroniq pleads