MultiTV’s Joy Prime Channel Manager, Nana Yaa Sarpong has donated several items to the Akropong School for the Blind as part of her birthday celebrations.
She made the donation last Thursday, June 29, a day before her birthday to show gratitude to God for adding another year to her age.
She donated bags of rice, boxes of Cowbell Milk Powder, Beta malt drinks, Frytol cooking oil, tomatoes puree, assorted clothing and footwears and assorted biscuits among others to the school.
“My inspiration for the donation is that giving is what gives me a fulfilment in life even if I have a little to share,” she said.
She added that she chose to donate to the School for the Blind because of her grandmother who later became blind.
“I have always been touched by the plight of my grandmother who took care of me since childhood and later became blind for the last ten years of her before her death in April,” the Joy Prime Channel Manager revealed.
Headmistress of the school, Mahela Narh, who received the items, expressed their appreciation.
“Your kind gesture will go a long way to assist the academic work of the students. We are grateful,” she said.
Nana Yaa Sarpong was accompanied by actress Martha Ankomah.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar