The presidential transition team put together by both the President-elect and the current president to oversee the smooth handing over of power has been inaugurated.
President John Mahama performed the inauguration at the Accra International Conference Centre where both teams met.
President-elect, Nana Akufo-Addo who is co-chairing the transition process was in attendance.
The Transition process is guided by the Presidential Transition Act 2012 (Act 845).
The members of the president's Transition Team are:
1. Julius Debrah- Chief of Staff
2. Marietta Brew Appiah Opong- Attorney General & Minister for Justice
3. Seth E. Terkper- Minister for Finance
4. Prosper Bani- Minister for the Interior
5. Dr. Benjamin Kunbour- Minister for Defence
6. Hanna S. Tetteh- Minister for Foreign Affairs & Regional Integration
7. Alhaji Collins Dauda- Minister for Local Government & Rural Development
Representing the President-elect, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo are:
1. Yaw Osafo Maafo- Representative of the President-elect
2. Frema Osei Opare- Head of the Staff of Office of the President-elect
3. Gloria Akuffo- Member responsible for Legal Affairs
4. Ken Ofori- Atta- Member responsible for Finance
5. Ambrose Dery- Member responsible for the Interior
6. Dominic Nitiwul- Member responsible for Defence
7. Shirley Ayorkor Botchwey- Member responsible for Foreign Affairs
8. Hajia Alima Mahama- Member responsible for Local Government
9. Albert Kan Dapaah- Member responsible for National Security
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Bad roads: It's leadership's responsibility to FixLekmaNow - Residents
- #FixLekmaNow: JoyNews, JoyFM storm LEKMA community
- Exploding gas cylinder kills one Chinese, 2 others in critical condition
- Ireland’s most prolific petty criminal racks up conviction number 648
- Newspaper headlines : Thursday, July 18, 2019
- HIV/AIDS prevalence rate in Ghana pegged at 1.69%
- Ghanaian Architects protest multiple gov’t projects awarded to Sir David Adjaye
- You can stay in this giant avocado, dubbed the ‘Avo-Condo’
- President petitioned over David Adjaye contracts
- Factions in deadly Asokore Mampong feud pledge peace
- Form board or face legal action - Institute of Architects gives gov't ultimatum
- Withdraw bill to regulate training of lawyers – Legal practioners, MPs
- Foreign Minister itemises utilisation of $3b China loan
- Ugandan cows 'to get birth certificates'
- Immigration foils trafficking of 7 girls