I broke the fine mahogany table of hegemony,
the guillotine is shining and set for the ceremony.
Putsch forth for our mutual rise,
the flag must soar above Moorish heights.
Sling the throat of the traitors that sing our anthem,
pierce a sword through their conscience,
colour palettes birthed by blood, sweat and tears.
Clothed by the celestial apparel of our patriotic vest,
donned in wars by our ancestors first,
bound by the oath of honour to do our best.
You may now summon the sommelier,
and the sous chef for éclair,
after which we shall stir up our soup d’état.
To see and flood the shore with triumph,
The Promise Land.
Have your say
More Opinion Headlines
- Ghana’s GHs198 bn debt stock: Gov’t on a borrowing spree
- Papa Yaw Asare writes...The Blessing of a father
- Spousal rights to property: Comparing divorce to death of a spouse
- The waste menace and risks to our health
- Vicky Wireko writes...A dance with the father's again
- The car Ghana built 40 years ago
- Samini as MP?
- The political ping-pong of dams and dug-outs: Opinion of a northerner
- The 48%…Failed promises, failing constituents #1OfThe48%
- An Okaishie story: The journey of JM Addo & Sons
- Spreading fear and panic
- Peace and Thankfulness: Ghana’s prayer from Jerusalem
- The responsibility of wealth and privilege
- Assessment of 275 MPs: Issues of credibility and verifiability
- Hail Methodist Girls’ High School, Robofest World champs!