I broke the fine mahogany table of hegemony,
the guillotine is shining and set for the ceremony.
Putsch forth for our mutual rise,
the flag must soar above Moorish heights.
Sling the throat of the traitors that sing our anthem,
pierce a sword through their conscience,
colour palettes birthed by blood, sweat and tears.
Clothed by the celestial apparel of our patriotic vest,
donned in wars by our ancestors first,
bound by the oath of honour to do our best.
You may now summon the sommelier,
and the sous chef for éclair,
after which we shall stir up our soup d’état.
To see and flood the shore with triumph,
The Promise Land.
More Opinion Headlines
- Banking sector clean-up – Bailout was a better option…
- Samson’s Take: Greedy Criminals, $3bn Corruption, Two Heroes
- Hills Oil Marketing Company reacts to 2018 Auditor - General’s Report
- The Akyem Mafia grand scheme: Create, hate & share
- The gospel in action: The Church of Pentecost’s commendable prisons decongestion agenda
- Ghana Must Go: The ugly history of Africa’s most famous bag
- I imported a thief
- Renaming universities: The urgent versus important
- Blckattitude: Plastic and fashion waste reduction
- Press freedom: Letter to Professor Kwame Karikari
- Dr. Bawumia; don’t let Saudi Arabia fish for you, learn how they fish
- Omane Boamah writes to Akufo-Addo
- Elizabeth Ohene writes...The power of an apostrophe
- BDCs ‘fight’ dirty to the detriment of future fuel supply but regulator ignores
- To move or to be moved? The issue of traffic in Accra