Presidential Staffer, Dr. Clement Apaak, has reiterated President John Mahama's commitment at fighting corruption in the country.
According to him, John Mahama is the only President in the history of the Fourth Republic, who has actually made the fight against corruption a prerequisite for maintaining his appointees including ministers.
Dr. Clement Apaak was commenting on ex-president Jerry Rawlings’ description of President Mahama as “an easy going person” whose calm demeanor is abused by people around him.
Mr. Rawlings said this while signing a book of condolence in honour of former South African President, Nelson Mandela at the South African High Commission in Accra Monday.
On Asempa FM’s Ekosii Sen programme Tuesday, Dr. Clement Apaak said Mr. Rawlings only expressed his opinion, noting that it was not the true reflection of the current President.
According to him, President Mahama's cool, calm and collected, thoughtful and philosophical demeanor could not be interpreted as a weakness.
Dr. Apaak indicated that the President has put in place several measures to put his appointees in check in matters of corruption.
This notwithstanding, he said, “his fight against corruption is a collective fight; we must all put our shoulders to the wheel, we must stop being selfish and stop covering up for people because we are related to them and demand accountability from everyone”.
The Presidential Staffer stated that strengthening anti-corruption institutions, setting up public complain centers to report issues of corruption among others are enough proof of President Mahama’s determination to fight the canker.
Dr. Clement Apaak urged critics to quit the “cynicism” and join in the fight for a better Ghana.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- NDC Primaries: Alabi files nomination Monday
- Yellow for Yes, brown for No – EC on new regions referendum
- August 4 soon to be Public Holiday if...
- Controversy brewing: Minority takes issue with GHS100m contract to a 1-yr-old firm
- Remember me on Election Day; Goosie appeals to NDC delegates
- Increase Parliamentary seats from 275 to 300 - Haruna Iddrisu
- GH¢240m approved for Sanitation Ministry
- Ghana wants to emulate 'East Asian Miracle' - Akufo-Addo
- CSOs petition Akufo-Addo over stagnated fight against corruption
- Ricketts Hagan withdraws from “pre-determined” NDC primaries
- Game of Thrones: Wife, mistress pushed to succeed late MP
- Parliament approves medical drone agreement
- Former NDC MMDCEs back Mahama for 2020
- Bawumia promises passage of RTI bill in 2019
- Sylvester Mensah launches fundraising shortcode