Presidential Staffer, Dr. Clement Apaak, has reiterated President John Mahama's commitment at fighting corruption in the country.
According to him, John Mahama is the only President in the history of the Fourth Republic, who has actually made the fight against corruption a prerequisite for maintaining his appointees including ministers.
Dr. Clement Apaak was commenting on ex-president Jerry Rawlings’ description of President Mahama as “an easy going person” whose calm demeanor is abused by people around him.
Mr. Rawlings said this while signing a book of condolence in honour of former South African President, Nelson Mandela at the South African High Commission in Accra Monday.
On Asempa FM’s Ekosii Sen programme Tuesday, Dr. Clement Apaak said Mr. Rawlings only expressed his opinion, noting that it was not the true reflection of the current President.
According to him, President Mahama's cool, calm and collected, thoughtful and philosophical demeanor could not be interpreted as a weakness.
Dr. Apaak indicated that the President has put in place several measures to put his appointees in check in matters of corruption.
This notwithstanding, he said, “his fight against corruption is a collective fight; we must all put our shoulders to the wheel, we must stop being selfish and stop covering up for people because we are related to them and demand accountability from everyone”.
The Presidential Staffer stated that strengthening anti-corruption institutions, setting up public complain centers to report issues of corruption among others are enough proof of President Mahama’s determination to fight the canker.
Dr. Clement Apaak urged critics to quit the “cynicism” and join in the fight for a better Ghana.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Remove new GRA Board Chair until impropriety claims are cleared - CSOs
- Treat corruption as high-risk activity – Adwoa Safo
- 'President has killed corruption probe on ex-Maritime Authority boss'
- Ayariga questions Amidu's motive for filing new charges
- Apaak takes on Akufo-Addo, GBA, others for Afoko’s continuous detention
- Former IGP’s aide cites ‘mounting pressure’ for contesting as MP
- South Korean Foreign minister calls on Bawumia
- NDC places hold on parliamentary primaries in 37 constituencies
- I pursued politics with 'secret agenda' to implement BoG policies - Bawumia
- Bagbin, 4 other NDC MPs to leave Parliament
- Don't dare introduce new chamber idea again – Parliament warned
- Full document: Amidu files fresh charges against Ayariga
- 'Does NPP still have the men?' – Prof. Gyampo wonders
- #DropThatChamber: Newsfile panelists praise Economic Fighters League leader
- We don’t need 275 MPs – Fresh campaign looms