The Member of Parliament for Atiwa East constituency of the Eastern Region, Abena Osei-Asare has admonished her constituents to adopt a higher maintenance culture in order to ensure sustainability of the developmental projects and interventions in the constituency.
Madam Osei-Asare bemoaned the lukewarm attitude people sometimes adopt to the maintenance of government projects, noting that such posturing is a disservice to posterity.
The MP made these remarks when she donated some items including 50 streetlights and 100 solar lamps worth Gh¢6,000 to some communities in her constituency. The beneficiary communities are Ankaasi, Anyinam, Mosease, Enyiresi , Nanapa among others .
The provision of streetlights and lamps are to serve as a stop gap measure to improve security in the area whilst plans are afoot to connect most of the communities to the national electricity grid.
Madam Abena Osei-Asare intimated the gesture was in response to ceaseless calls over the absence of streetlights on the main Anyinam-Jejeti road, which has put the lives of people of those communities and travelers in danger.
She indicated that the solar lamps would be placed in the respective Community-based Health Planning and Services (CHIPS) compounds as well as allied facilities in the constituency.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Gov’t to write to diplomats over ‘false’ Mahama videos
- New regions won’t add to your legacy – Bentil tells prez to prioritise infrastructure dev’t
- Veep reiterates gov’t’s resolve to improve Zongos
- Governance expert pushes for law on selection of regional capitals
- Mahama urged to submit his evidence to Emile Short Commission
- Hot Video: Joy News Editorial: Short Commission - Same questions, different responses
- Parliament summons Interior Minister over recent children assaults
- Mahama's election bid hit with suit
- Suhuyini accuses Speaker of unfair treatment
- #GhanaConnect: Citizens ‘scared’ by witnesses’ accounts at Short C’ssion
- Mahama acted appropriately, deal with NPP thugs - Osafo Maafo told
- Dambai is capital of new Oti region
- Brong Ahafo to be known as Bono Region
- Sefwi Wiaso is capital of Western North region
- Joint CDD-Ghana, CODEO delegation in Nigeria