The Member of Parliament for Atiwa East constituency of the Eastern Region, Abena Osei-Asare has admonished her constituents to adopt a higher maintenance culture in order to ensure sustainability of the developmental projects and interventions in the constituency.
Madam Osei-Asare bemoaned the lukewarm attitude people sometimes adopt to the maintenance of government projects, noting that such posturing is a disservice to posterity.
The MP made these remarks when she donated some items including 50 streetlights and 100 solar lamps worth Gh¢6,000 to some communities in her constituency. The beneficiary communities are Ankaasi, Anyinam, Mosease, Enyiresi , Nanapa among others .
The provision of streetlights and lamps are to serve as a stop gap measure to improve security in the area whilst plans are afoot to connect most of the communities to the national electricity grid.
Madam Abena Osei-Asare intimated the gesture was in response to ceaseless calls over the absence of streetlights on the main Anyinam-Jejeti road, which has put the lives of people of those communities and travelers in danger.
She indicated that the solar lamps would be placed in the respective Community-based Health Planning and Services (CHIPS) compounds as well as allied facilities in the constituency.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Ghana committed to AU fight against jihadists - Foreign Affairs minister
- Prof Edmund Delle resigns as CPP Chairman
- NDC, civil society and others punch holes into Vigilantism Bill
- Ex-NCA officials ordered to open defense in $4M misappropriation saga
- Zanetor Rawlings rebukes Korle-Klottey Assembly for lateness
- Be less partisan on Vigilantism Bill- Majority Leader to Committee
- Let Amidu start with your own men - Mahama's aide to Akufo-Addo
- OccupyGhana lauds RTI presidential assent
- Special Prosecutor ‘completely wrong’ – Ayariga responds to charges
- Special Prosecutor begins prosecution of Ayariga
- CI to track source of political party funding in the offing - EC reveals
- Ghanaian voters' biometric data completely controlled by foreigners – EC laments
- I couldn’t rig elections even if my father was running – EC Chair
- Akufo-Addo extols Parliament for its 'courage' in passing RTI
- Update: Akufo-Addo assents to RTI law