The Member of Parliament for Atiwa East constituency of the Eastern Region, Abena Osei-Asare has admonished her constituents to adopt a higher maintenance culture in order to ensure sustainability of the developmental projects and interventions in the constituency.
Madam Osei-Asare bemoaned the lukewarm attitude people sometimes adopt to the maintenance of government projects, noting that such posturing is a disservice to posterity.
The MP made these remarks when she donated some items including 50 streetlights and 100 solar lamps worth Gh¢6,000 to some communities in her constituency. The beneficiary communities are Ankaasi, Anyinam, Mosease, Enyiresi , Nanapa among others .
The provision of streetlights and lamps are to serve as a stop gap measure to improve security in the area whilst plans are afoot to connect most of the communities to the national electricity grid.
Madam Abena Osei-Asare intimated the gesture was in response to ceaseless calls over the absence of streetlights on the main Anyinam-Jejeti road, which has put the lives of people of those communities and travelers in danger.
She indicated that the solar lamps would be placed in the respective Community-based Health Planning and Services (CHIPS) compounds as well as allied facilities in the constituency.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- "Reduce it again" - 6 NDC presidential aspirants turn Oliver Twist
- Bye-election: 'Unifying' NPP candidate emerges at Ayawaso West Wuogon
- NDC Primaries: Alabi files nomination Monday
- Yellow for Yes, brown for No – EC on new regions referendum
- August 4 soon to be Public Holiday if...
- Controversy brewing: Minority takes issue with GHS100m contract to a 1-yr-old firm
- Remember me on Election Day; Goosie appeals to NDC delegates
- Increase Parliamentary seats from 275 to 300 - Haruna Iddrisu
- GH¢240m approved for Sanitation Ministry
- Ghana wants to emulate 'East Asian Miracle' - Akufo-Addo
- CSOs petition Akufo-Addo over stagnated fight against corruption
- Ricketts Hagan withdraws from “pre-determined” NDC primaries
- Game of Thrones: Wife, mistress pushed to succeed late MP
- Parliament approves medical drone agreement
- Former NDC MMDCEs back Mahama for 2020