President-elect Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has entreated members of the Transition Team to let cooperation and openness guide their work.
He believes with transparency and cooperation from members of President John Mahama and his team, a thorough job would be done.
He was speaking at the inauguration of the Team at the Accra International Conference Centre where both teams met.
Nana Akufo-Addo, who is co-chairing the transition process with President Mahama, noted that unlike previous elections which went into run-offs, thereby limiting the time available for a thorough transition, this year's was different.
He said although he knows that government is a continuing business, “it is important though that the decisions to be taken between now and then [January 7] would be guided in the best interest of the nation."
The former Abuakwa South member of parliament (MP) was grateful for the full cooperation of the President so far and "hope and expect that it would still continue until the formal transfer of authority takes place.”
Nana Akufo-Addo who served as Attorney General in the John Agyekum Kufuor administration wished the outgoing President well for his future endeavours.
He said he is aware "the Ghanaian people are expectant, and I am sure we will not disappoint them."
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Let's protect our peace by rejecting vigilantism - Methodist Bishop
- Make U/W 'everlasting stronghold' for NPP - Minister to NPP
- CID boss’ conduct ‘indefensible’ - Kasser-Tee fires
- Free SHS is most people-centered policy in Ghanaian history - Yagaba Chief
- Agalga responds to arms importation controversy; says gov’t being dishonest
- No space for conflicts; end the violence now – Akufo-Addo to ‘Chereponis'
- EIU report: NDC rubbishes 2020 victory prediction for NPP
- NDC issued permit for arms importation 2 days before leaving office - Gov’t reveals
- Nayiri lauds Akufo-Addo’s intervention in roads sector
- Philanthropist to industrialise Mfantseman constituency
- We’ve cleared arrears - Health Minister on trainee allowances
- DCEs abandon terrorism meeting; minister outraged
- Ghanaians angry with NPP, NDC – JOY restrategises for 2020 victory
- EIU predicts 2020 victory for Akufo-Addo
- Gov’t urged to consult broadly on Nima regeneration project