Less than a week after the tragic accident at Nkawkaw involving the team bus, Coach Steven Polack has thankfully taken his first few steps at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH), where he’s been on admission since Thursday.
The coach, with the help of crutches, moved around the award with under the careful watch of five medical personnel at the hospital. His movement or walking albeit with crutches, comes as good news especially after his successful surgery on Friday.
On Sunday, in a telephone conversation, Coach Polack told Asantekotokosc.com that, he’s faring well. “I got no broken bones. The only problem is my knee. I got the same operation 25 years ago so I know what it’s all about. By God’s grace I’m getting so well”.
“I’m not getting any pain from anywhere. I’m not getting any pain from the ankles. I’m well. Like I said, it’s very big thanks from the bottom of my heart to everybody. I thank everybody” said Polack.
Midfielder, Ollennu Ashitey who was on admission 24hours after last Wednesday’s team bus accident at Nkawkaw has been discharged from the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH).
He was the only the player admitted by medics for close observation as doctors wanted to spend a little more time on his situation. He therefore spent the weekend at the teaching hospital but on Monday, the former Hearts of Oak player was released to go home after significant improvement on his condition.
Head of Communication, Obed Acheampong, who first broke the news to Asantekotokosc.com indicated that, Kotoko medics and their colleagues at KATH were largely satisfied with the progress the midfielder has made since the tragic incident occurred.
Meanwhile, the bus driver, Joseph Nana Berchie, and Coach Steven Polack are faring well according to information received. Asantekotokosc.com understands that, Coach Polack could be discharged from KATH either in the middle or by the close of the week.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Altitude forced Ghana to slow down in second half - Kwesi Appiah
- Zverev stuns world number one Djokovic to win ATP Finals
- Switzerland come back to stun Belgium and reach Nations League semis
- Mauritania seal historic Afcon qualification
- AWCON 2018: Five-star Zambia trounce Equatorial Guinea
- AWCON 2018: South Africa stun Nigeria in Group B opener
- Kane inspires England comeback to seal UEFA Nations League finals place
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Jordan double gives Ghana victory over Ethiopia
- Give us spectacular goals, impressive set pieces - First Lady to Black Queens
- Thomas Partey shortlisted for BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- AWCON 2018: Ghana open campaign with win over Algeria
- Nigeria return to Africa Cup of Nations
- Uganda reach second straight Nations Cup
- AFCON 2019: Morocco and Mali qualify for Cameroon
- Photos: Prez Akufo-Addo surprises Black Stars in camp ahead of Ethiopia clash