Ghana’s indigenous bank, ADB recorded 102 percentage points growth in earnings in the first quarter of this year, to GH¢26.8 million, according to its 2021 first quarter Unaudited Financial Statement.
The bank’s profit could have been more if not for the GH¢7.8 million loan loss recorded during the period.
At the same time, the bank’s asset quality improved as Non-Performing Loans ratio went down to 32.49% in March 2021, as against 34.49% recorded in December last year.
According to the unaudited statement, the indigenous bank grew its interest income and net fees and commissions by 21% and 12.5% year-on-year to GH¢118 million and GH¢17.6 million respectively in March 2021.
It was one of the few banks that undertook loans and advancements throughout the peak of the covid-19 pandemic.
Earnings per share stood at 10.27 pesewas in March 2021, higher than the 3.83 pesewas registered the same period last year.
The balance sheet size continued to grow bigger and stronger, as it shore up slightly above the December 2020 figure, to GH¢10.73 billion in the first quarter of this year.
Shareholders’ funds also stood at GH¢877.5 million in March 2021, higher than the GH¢806 million recorded during the same period last year.
In terms of the stability of the bank, ADB recorded a liquidity ratio of 106%, and Non-Performing Loans dropped by about 2.0% from the December 2020 figure to 32.94% in the first quarter of this year.
Financial Soundness Indicators
|December 2020||March 2021|
|Capital Adequacy Ratio||14.87%||13.92%|
- CCTV footage shows final moment of student-journalist who was killed in a hotel
- Armed robbers kill police officer, eyewitness and injure bullion van driver at Korle-bu
- Auditor General indicts former Nhyieso MP over failure to recover ¢500k of Assembly’s Common Fund
- FixTheCountry case adjourned over late filing of documents
- I was slapped, burnt after Nkrumah was overthrown – Former Lady-in-waiting to Fathia Nkrumah
- GPL wrap: Hearts extend lead at top, King Faisal climb out of relegation zone
- BoG was right to decline Parliament invitation; BSDI law is clear – Banking Consultant
- Ghana set to produce its own vaccine – Presidential Advisor on Health
- Government to borrow ¢2.9bn in fresh funds between June and August 2021
- Nkrumah was playful, not a dictator – Former lady-in-waiting to Fathia Nkrumah
IGP must retire for a more enthusiastic officer to take over – Security Analyst
The Ghana Premier League is revelling in one of its greatest title races – so who wins?
Livestream: PM Express discusses Labour unrest: Why so many strikes?
Surge in daylight robbery cases not surprising – Security analyst
TUTAG strike: Students of various technical universities bearing brunt
Bullion van attack at James Town: IGP directs CID to take over investigation
FixTheCountry protestors re-emerge with #WeGoDemonstrate on social media after murder of police officer
Bawumia tasks Sports Ministry to institute National Fitness Day
Former dance champion, Alex Ofori, dead
Tema-Mpakadan railway project to be completed in March 2022 – GRDA
Vetting of Deputy Ministers-designate: I enjoyed being a bodyguard for the Chief Vandal – Thomas Mbomba
T-Bills sale oversubscribed by 14%, as interest cost falls marginally
Petrosol gets triple ISO certification
Hubtel launches Ghana’s first ever self-service myGhQR.com portal
Paying Influencers On A Budget: 5 Ways To Pay Your Ideal Influencer.