At least two persons are feared dead after a commercial vehicle popularly known as ‘trotro’ crushed into a faulty trailer parked in the middle of the road at Tesano.
The accident which occurred around the Tesano Police station is believed to have happened around 4:30 am, Wednesday.
Sharing details with JoyNews, Kwadwo Konadu, a good Samaritan who went to the rescue of some trapped victims, said the occupants of the faulty trailer had failed to indicate that a vehicle was parked on the road.
He said the trailer driver failed to put any form of warning to alert oncoming vehicles in the curve so the trotro driver could not make out the trailer in the dark resulting in the crash.
“There wasn’t any light or triangle and there was nothing to warn oncoming cars that this is what has happened. So I am sure because of the darkness, the van didn’t see that this truck was packed there, so he just run into it and that is what happened,” he narrated.
The driver of the Trotro was one of the two people killed in the accident.
According to Mr Konadu, a motor rider also crashed into the same faulty trailer.
“I got there around 4:48 am and I saw this yellow van that has just run into the truck. I just gave them the highlight so as to assist but we were not able to open the doors so we had to go to the trunk of the boot.
“We opened and some of the guys were brought out but definitely the driver, there is no way that he will be able to survive and even some motor also came to run into the car,” he said.
Other residents who spoke to JoyNews indicated that the trucker with Togolese registration number and carrying onions has been packed as the same spot since it broke down yesterday.
Meanwhile, a team from the Ghana Police Service and the Ambulance service are already on-site to retrieve the trapped body of the driver and help clear the traffic that has been building up on the road.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Kwabena Agyepong welcomed back to NPP after 6 years suspension
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- NSMQ 2021: Tamasco and 3 others secure tickets to Accra on day one of Northern Regional qualifiers
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
Today’s front pages: Wednesday, May 12, 2021
Worlasi releases song for #FixTheCountry campaign
Senior veep of Zipline Africa lauds Ghana for setting pace in adoption of medical drone technology
PFAG trains Farmers at Fumbisi in bush fire prevention
Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures
Address economic hardships – BudgIT Ghana to government
Private agribusinesses organize conference on greenhouse production
GOIL donates to Chief Imam towards Eid Al-Fitr
Uber, Bolt, Yango drivers in Kumasi suspend services over life-threatening incidents
UEW Signs MoU with T-TEL to reform Educational Sector
Central Regional House of Chiefs vow to be more development-oriented
New Kejetia Market closed down after Tuesday’s fire
Message from the Morning Man: Albert and the Bees
Asantehene to open Regional Consultative Dialogue on Small-Scale Mining on May 12
Taskforce will curb illegal chainsaw operations – Municipal Director says