Two individuals in the Ho Municipality have committed suicide at different points including Faustina Dotse, a 38-year-old hairdresser and a septuagenarian.
Assistant Superintendent of Police and acting Ho Municipal Police Commander, Alex Yeboah said that Faustina committed took her life on January 20, this year, and was reported by Mr Theo Sefadzi Tengey, 49, husband of the deceased.
He said the deceased and husband lived at the Old Mac Collins International School at Fiave, a suburb of Ho. The husband woke up in the early hours of the incident but failed to see his wife beside him.
He dashed into the hall but unfortunately saw the deceased hanging up with a rope tied to the ceiling fan holding her neck.
He said the husband quickly reached out for a knife to cut the rope, hoping she was not dead. He rushed her to the Ho Teaching Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival by the medical staff on duty.
ASP Yeboah disclosed that a suicide message left by the deceased said she took her life to save her the shame for being unfaithful in her marriage, which she could no longer bear and begged the husband to forgive her.
He said Police investigations have so far not established any foul play.
The body has been deposited in the morgue for preservation and autopsy and will be released when investigations were conclusive.
In the related incident, the septuagenarian, Kwasi Ekpe, hanged himself on a mango tree in his compound with a nylon rope on January 19, at Deme, near Ho.
The Police were called in to remove the body, which has been deposited at the morgue.
ASP Yeboah disclosed that no suicide messages were found but the case is under investigations.
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
- Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
- Abdul Malik Kweku Baako: The delayed disclosure of physical torture on Caleb Kudah
- Parliament will carry out its own investigation into alleged assault on Citi FM journalists – James Agalga
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
- Tafohene furious over MP’s failure to attend commissioning of astroturf
- US to deepen bilateral relationship with Ghana as United Airlines recommences flights to KIA
- We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
Leicester win FA Cup for the first time after last-gap Chelsea equaliser ruled out
Investigating assault on Caleb Kudah: I don’t trust National Security – Ken Ashigbey
Juventus edge Inter Milan in thriller to keep Champions League hopes alive
Lewandowski equals Muller’s Bundesliga goals record in Bayern draw
Zlatan Ibrahimovic ruled out of Euro 2020 with knee injury
Disband National Security Ministry- Samson Lardy Anyenini
I stopped being a member of GJA because of its President – Manasseh Azure
Asantehene’s involvement in galamsey fight a big impetus – Abu Jinapor
Arrest of Citi FM Journalists: National Security boss should be held to account – Audrey Gadzekpo
We need to guard against religious chauvinism – Harruna Iddrisu
Investigative Journalism is becoming scarier – Manasseh Azure
NCCE Director calls on Ghanaians to respect each other
Abdul Malik Kweku Baako: The delayed disclosure of physical torture on Caleb Kudah
Freedom of the press does not translate into safety of journalists – Prof. Gadzekpo tells media owners
Alleged assault on Citi FM journalists: CHRAJ should be tasked to investigate – Kweku Baako