Head of Security at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, Abdullah Al Nasari, has entreated members of the LGBTQ+ community not to throng the stadium with rainbow flags or any other paraphernalia.
According to him, any rainbow item that finds its way into the stadium will be confiscated.
He noted that this is not to offend the LGBTQ+ community but rather to protect them from other fans who may be intolerant to their way of living.
“If a fan raises a flag (rainbow) in a stadium and it is taken away, it will not be because we want to offend him, but to protect him. If we don’t, another spectator could attack him.”
Abdullah Al Nasari stressed that “if you buy a ticket, it is to attend a football match and not to demonstrate.”
Abdullah Al Nasari, explained Qatar is an Islamic state and does not subscribe to the ideals of the LGBTQ” community, therefore, would not change its religion to accommodate such actions due to the World Cup.
He advised LGBTQ+ persons to express their views in a society where it will be accepted.
“Do not come and insult an entire society. We will not change the religion for the 28 days,” he concluded.
- Bob Menendez steps down as US Senate foreign relations chairman after indictment
- MohBad mourners teargassed at Nigeria’s Lekki toll gate after Lagos concert
- Ethiopian Prince Alemayehu’s lock of hair returned after 140 years in UK
- US senator Bob Menendez charged with bribery after wads of cash and gold bars found at home
- GPL 2023/24: Bofoakwa Tano score late to beat RTU at home
- Sudan war: Army chief Burhan claims he’s ready for peace talks
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest and OSP-Cecilia saga
- Former Bantama MP, Okyem Aboagye dead
- Mahama Ayariga condemns killing of 9 in highway ambush at Pusiga
- Inaki Williams scores and assists as Athletic Bilbao beat Alaves
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: BBC News journalist who was arrested by police speaks up
- Modern Floors products to be available in Northern Ghana soon – CEO
- I hate Manchester United because they made Sammy Kuffour cry – Gifty Oware-Mensah
- Corrupt officials are like termites… eating the very foundation of our democracy – Torgbe Afede XIV
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Abuse of power is extremely dangerous to our burgeoning democracy – UTAG