A 26-year-old man is before the Bole Magistrate Court for allegedly defiling a 15-year-old Senior High School student.
David A-em was arrested on Friday, January 10, at his residence in Bole.
He was arrested after the girl collapsed in class in Wa, the Upper West Region capital on Thursday.
The 15-year-old had been bleeding from her private parts following her sexual encounter with David.
She then told her parents about her sexual encounter with David who then reported the matter to the police.
Police Prosecutor, Sargeant Sina Bemeh, told Joy News’ Rebecca Natomah that David’s sexual encounter with the 15-year-old SHS One girl was a grave offence.
He said sexual intercourse with a girl under 16 years was a crime under Section 101 of the Criminal Offences Act of 1960 (Act 29).
The Bole District Magistrate Court, presided over by His Worship Andrew Prince Cudjoe, has adjourned the case to January 15, for hearing.
David pleaded guilty in court and has been remanded until the next hearing.
Meanwhile, the victim has been admitted at the hospital.
- NCA to shut down 49 TV stations for operating without license
- Police arrest 40 suspected criminals at Kasoa in Wednesday morning swoop
- Emanuella features in Australian action film ‘Survive Or Die’
- ‘I find myself in a very enviable position’ – Hassan Tampuli on ministerial appointment
- Mark Okraku Mantey appointed Deputy Minister-designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture
- 5 Ghanaians arrested in Dubai for smuggling weed; one jailed for 10 years
- Guinness Ghana’s Samuel Meyir Dery Joins FanMilk as new Marketing Director
- Suspect who slit throat of girlfriend in Ho remanded in police custody
- Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
- Election 2020: It is absolutely preposterous to think NDC didn’t collate its results – Afriyie Ankrah
Rastafarian suit: Achimota School fails to respond to suit, case adjourned to April 30
IEPA, UNESCO Category II institute Inaugurates board members for West Africa toward achieving SDG 4
Let’s take charge of our future and our resources – Anika and Jabari Osaze
Motorbikes, tricycles contributes over 40% deaths, enforce law on banning – GPRTU
Education institutions must pay domestic utility tariff – TMA
Cocoa Management System will track progress of children in school – Cocobod
Tema East MP hails Speaker Bagbin and Dean of Presiding Members
All set for opening of IIPGH Digital Design & Creative Hub
Prudential Bank discusses transportation at 2nd AfCFTA Summit
NDC risks losing party bigwigs over accountability issues – Mohammed Frimpong
4 suspected phone snatchers nabbed at Ashaiman
Madina MP launches educational fund to mark 100 days in office
Teberebie residents receive free medical care
Pizza Express moves to hire 1,000 staff after cutting 2,400 jobs last year
No need to panic about China’s export of Cocoa – COCOBOD