President Akufo-Addo has announced that, effective Wednesday, May 19, 2021, the second dose of Covid-19 vaccines will be deployed.
He made the announcement during the 25th address to the nation, on measures being put in place to mitigate the impact of Covid-19 on the nation.
“I’m happy to announce that beginning Wednesday 19th of May, to Wednesday 26th May, the deployment of the 2nd dose of vaccines will take place across the designated vaccination centers in the 43 districts approximately 12 weeks after the first jab, as the science prescribes”.
The President indicated that details of the deployment will be communicated by the Ghana Health Service (GHS) in the coming week.
This comes after the first dose of vaccines was rolled out in March, 2021. According to the President close to 900,000 persons were vaccinated during the first phase of the vaccination exercise.
He also noted that “government is making all efforts to achieving the overall vaccination target.”
“We are expecting an additional 300,000 doses of Sputnik V vaccines which have already been approved by the food and drugs authority to arrive in the country. As when we make progress in the acquisition of vaccines, the Health and Information Ministries will make this known to the public,” the President added
- Construction work by manufacturing company causing artificial earthquakes in Bortianor – Residents
- Shatta Wale showers dollars on Nana Ama Mcbrown
- Auditor General indicts former Nhyieso MP over failure to recover ¢500k of Assembly’s Common Fund
- Defence and Finance Ministers to answer questions in Parliament over Presidency’s hiring of private jet for foreign travels
- ‘I miss living life with you’ – T. B. Joshua’s wife marks his 58th birthday
- One of 2 robbers who attacked and robbed motorist on Fiesta Royale-GIMPA stretch arrested
- TUTAG to proceed with strike action despite NLC order
- #FixTheCountry: Leave social media, come and plant trees – Oti Regional Minister to campaigners
- GPL wrap: Hearts extend lead at top, King Faisal climb out of relegation zone
- I was slapped, burnt after Nkrumah was overthrown – Former lady-in-waiting to Fathia Nkrumah
Effutu paramount chief cautions trespassers against reserved lands
Euros On MGL: Poland v Slovakia betting preview
Euros On MGL: Scotland v Czech Republic betting preview
Ghana set to produce its own vaccine – Presidential Advisor on Health
Livestream: Day 9 – Appointments Committee vets Thomas Mbamba, Abdulai Abanga and 2 others
We are working with Political authorities to get Hudson-Odoi- GFA president
Nii Marmah Boye: Security at GIMPA; What the school must do
Auditor General indicts KMA over using Assembly’s Common Fund to pay judgment debt
Use digital platforms to reduce paper usage – Ursula
FixTheCountry case adjourned over late filing of documents
Playback: Foreign Minister to address the nation on Ghana’s election to UN’s Security Council, 59th ECOWAS meeting
Asantehene commends board and management of ADB for refocusing on its core mandate
GRA optimistic of addressing automation tax payment challenges by July
Euro 2020: Heart doctor’s Twitter thread on Christian Eriksen collapse is eye-opening
Sir John’s funeral: Government begins monitoring persons who participated – Nsiah Asare