Police in the Ashanti Region have commenced investigations into the death of a 15-year-old girl at Konongo.
The body of Regina Sarfo was found dumped in a bush at Ahenbrom, a suburb of Konongo on Thursday, September 8 with deep knife wounds to her stomach and sticks forced deep into the mouth.
A statement released from the Police in the region noted that three suspects have been arrested in connection with the murder and are currently assisting with investigations.
The deceased has been conveyed to the Stewards Hospital morgue in Ashanti Region for preservation and autopsy.
According to the statement, the Ashanti Regional Police Command has met with the family and the Inspector-General of Police has also commiserated with the family over the telephone and assured them of the necessary Police support.
Police clinical psychologists have been provided to offer psychosocial support to the family while the investigation continues.
Meanwhile, LUV FM’s Erastus Donkor who visited the crime scene reports that residents of ward six where the incident occurred are in a state fear.
“This place has become scary these days. They snatch people’s phones and rape women here,” one woman said.
“It’s because of these crimes that we cut down the trees here and installed lights. Last time a lady was nearly raped here if not for a good samaritan,” another man noted.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- Social media users impressed with Black Sherif’s ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Government using IMF as smokescreen to force its ‘austerity budget’ on Ghanaians – Martin Amidu
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Anny Osabutey: Ghana, a land of ‘beautyful’ nonsense!
- Power Energy Ghana Exhibition slated for November 14, 2022
- Ghana’s gross reserves fall to 2.9 months of import cover in September 2022
- ICU-Ghana demands immediate cessation of incessant exploitation of labour
- Fistfight breaks out over control of Kenya parliament
- Adidas puts Kanye West Yeezy deal under review
- Today’s front pages: Friday, October 7, 2022
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- Posterity will judge Akufo-Addo, other leaders meanly if galamsey fight is not won – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- ‘ECG has not agreed to any percentages with Hubtel’ – ECG MD
- Court orders CID Boss to provide safety report on alleged bride killers
- There is too much uncertainty in the business environment – Twum Akwaboah
- Deputy Energy Minister, Amin Adam, appointed Board Chairman of New Producers Group
- Increasing monetary policy rate will not reduce inflation – Badu Aboagye
- Austerity is bad for economic growth – Prof. Charles Ackah