The Akwatia Divisional Police Command has arrested Kwadwo Owusu for allegedly murdering a 33-year-old businessman Mathew Gyekye at Awroso, following a misunderstanding over gold.
According to Sergeant Francis Gomado, Acting Eastern Regional Police Public Relations Officer, on Sunday, Jan 3, at 0940 hours, one Desmond Frimpong 27 years and resident of Topremang accompanied by Grace Dankwa of Apinamang went to the Akwatia charge office to file a report.
He said Desmond Frimpong, who had marks of assault on his palms and stomach, reported that on January 2, around 1140 hours, he was returning from work at Awroso, a suburb of Apinamang with his friend, Gyekye Matthew, now deceased.
He said on reaching the outskirts of Apinamang, three people including Kwadwo Owusu, Kojo Awuah and one Cash, ordered them to surrender their gold because they went to mine on their land.
According to the report, the two men resisted and in the process, suspect Kwadwo Owusu hit the deceased’s head with a stone and he fell unconscious.
He was then rushed to the St Dominic Hospital at Akwatia where he was admitted but died the next day.
Sergeant Gomado said the police then proceeded to arrest the suspects but was able to arrest Kwadwo Owusu.
They had intensified a search for the other two who are at large while investigations continued.
He has, therefore, appealed to the public to volunteer information or call the police about the other two suspects.
- CCTV footage shows final moment of student-journalist who was killed in a hotel
- Armed robbers kill police officer, eyewitness and injure bullion van driver at James Town
- We’ll stop escorting your cash if you don’t acquire armoured bullion vans – IGP warns banks
- Nkrumah was playful, not a dictator – Former lady-in-waiting to Fathia Nkrumah
- Government to borrow ¢2.9bn in fresh funds between June and August 2021
- Bullion van attack at James Town: IGP directs CID to take over investigation
- GPL: Asante Kotoko beat Inter Allies in five-goal thriller
- Former dance champion, Alex Ofori, dead
- Bankers Association to hold emergency meeting over carting of currencies across country
- Tiwa is not my wife – Yaw Sarpong reacts to rumours
13-year-boy kills 2 bandits who kidnapped him
John Boadu petitions CID over alleged involvement in ‘galamsey’
14-year-old storms police station to report father for rape
Strikes work, it is a very strong tool – Ofosu Asamoah
Lawyer for Achimota Rasta students resigns from NDC
Families of 2020 election violence victims in Techiman to get 4-bedroom houses
Livestream: Appointments Committee vets Herbert Krapa, Mark Okraku Mantey and 2 others
Green Ghana Project: Stonebwoy, Dentaa join Royal Senchi to plant trees
Lawyer disputes voices on audio in treason trial
Live updates: Herbert Krapa, Okraku Mantey and 2 other Deputy Ministers-designate face Appointments Committee
Appointments Committee vets Mark Okraku Mantey, Herbert Krapa and 2 others today
Don’t be in haste to appoint interim management for TOR – Energy Minister cautioned
Apologise for false allegations or face lawsuit – Lawyers of Societe Generale Board Chairperson to PPP
Uncle Ebo Whyte: Unwritten rules men live by
Ghana drawn in Pool D for Billie Jean King Cup